wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-15-2009, 12:50 AM   #91
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

I don't know, I guess that you'll need to jail break it to run Java or something. Stupid iphones and their software restrictions.

But for other devices, if they can run Java, they can probably do jEdit
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-10-2009, 09:02 AM   #92
Anachron
User

Anachron will become famous soon enough (51)Anachron will become famous soon enough (51)

jEdit is in JAVA and you can run JAVA on iPod Touchs / iPhones
Anachron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:03 PM   #93
thehellman
User

Submissions (2)

thehellman has little to show at this moment (4)

Does this have a searchable function list like in JassCraft?
EDIT: A parameters that show up as you type?

Last edited by thehellman : 01-04-2010 at 10:03 PM.
thehellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:04 AM   #94
thelifelessone
User

thelifelessone has little to show at this moment (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anachron
jEdit is in JAVA and you can run JAVA on iPod Touchs / iPhones

Not natively. You need to jailbreak it.
I haven't found any mods for Java support yet in Cydia.
thelifelessone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:16 AM   #95
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1060)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehellman
Does this have a searchable function list like in JassCraft?
EDIT: A parameters that show up as you type?
type the first letter of the function then ctrol+b.

There is nothing regarding parameters though.
Faster != more useful
Old 01-05-2010, 07:47 AM   #96
Anachron
User

Anachron will become famous soon enough (51)Anachron will become famous soon enough (51)

Hmm, I wonder if there is any addon for parameters though.
Anachron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 05:32 PM   #97
thehellman
User

Submissions (2)

thehellman has little to show at this moment (4)

I don't know why anyone would use this instead of JassNewGen with TESH support.

I mean, TESH has syntax highlighting, supports vJass, folding (which is quite useless anyway though), autocomplete, and parameter highlights. As well as a searchable library of all constants/functions. It is quite useful.

I just wish for the day where we could code like in a Visual Studio environment. Something that I hope gets added to TESH is that is recognized functions that you create yourself (probably will never happen), so that the parameter hints and custom functions are highlighted as well. That's kind of the only improvement that could be made to it. Smarter folding would be nice too.

Unless this text editor can have all those things, I don't know why someone would use it. (Except if dont want to load up NewGen to code or don't want to DL NewGen... which is a silly reason)
thehellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:22 AM   #98
blanc_dummy
User

Submissions (1)

blanc_dummy has little to show at this moment (7)

Send a message via Yahoo to blanc_dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehellman
I don't know why anyone would use this instead of JassNewGen with TESH support.

I mean, TESH has syntax highlighting, supports vJass, folding (which is quite useless anyway though), autocomplete, and parameter highlights. As well as a searchable library of all constants/functions. It is quite useful.

I just wish for the day where we could code like in a Visual Studio environment. Something that I hope gets added to TESH is that is recognized functions that you create yourself (probably will never happen), so that the parameter hints and custom functions are highlighted as well. That's kind of the only improvement that could be made to it. Smarter folding would be nice too.

Unless this text editor can have all those things, I don't know why someone would use it. (Except if dont want to load up NewGen to code or don't want to DL NewGen... which is a silly reason)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
Because some people like to save all of their files externally (and have them subsequently backed up) and then either import them with //! import or copy and pasting them in. I find that working outside the WE makes my personal organization much cleaner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
It is far more effective, and some people, like me, cannot run newgen pack.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #99
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

TESH hasn't been updated in ages , it is doomed to die. Sfilips lost the source code so the only maintainance comes from hacks, so nothing beyond new keywords will ever get added to TESH. If it hasn't died for you yet, it will die eventually.

Ah, the joys of being able to show why freeware should use open source licenses...

Folding in jEdit beats TESH' completely. It also does have auto-complete. It even has text auto-complete which is ridiculously good at saving time. I dunno about parameters, though you don't really have to remember arguments' names so I never really needed that feature more than highlighting of library functions/stuff.

Newgen itself is a bunch of useless BS that doesn't work in most computers so it has to go to hell.
Quote:
visual studio
yiuck.
Faster != more useful
Old 01-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #100
Veev
User

Veev will become famous soon enough (63)Veev will become famous soon enough (63)Veev will become famous soon enough (63)

I'm really liking this. The amount of plugins are nice, and that you can install them from within the program itself. At the moment, I'm only using the three Vex suggested in the first post. I'm thinking about trying ProjectViewer...
Veev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:55 AM   #101
Bribe
User

Submissions (1)

Bribe will become famous soon enough (26)

Send a message via AIM to Bribe

Windows cannot open the folder.

The Compressed (zipped) Folder 'C:\Users\%NAME%\Desktop\wc3.jEdit.v9.zip' is invalid.

I bet this is one of the broken links. I'll repeat this post in the designated "wc3c is back" thread.
Bribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 03:30 PM   #102
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Sorry for the delay, I read your message the other day but I wasn't on my computer that has the file. When I came back to it, I didn't remember.
Faster != more useful
Old 07-12-2010, 04:17 PM   #103
Bribe
User

Submissions (1)

Bribe will become famous soon enough (26)

Send a message via AIM to Bribe

Hey, thanks so much! It opens perfectly now :)
Bribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:31 PM   #104
MasterofSickness
User

MasterofSickness is on a distinguished road (23)

Idea This took me 3 whole days! omg

Problem: syntax highlighting doesnt work & jEdit shows wrong syntax mode!
Version: jEdit 5.1.0 for windows [2013_07_28]
System: Notebook, Microsoft Windows 8.1 Core 64 bit

Solution:
Before showing the actual solution there is one important thing to know which I understood only lately, talking about reloading opened files which had been opened at least 1 time before. This has to be done if you want to change the syntax highlighting from one mode to another. Therefore in jEdit just run "Utilities\Troubleshooting\Reload Edit Modes" & the currently opened files are refreshed by automatically searching the "...\jEdit\modes\catalog" for a fitting mode. Keeping this in mind here comes the main part:
From the instructions in post #1 you have to change this:
<MODE NAME="wc3-jass" FILE="jass.xml" FILE_NAME_GLOB="{*.ai,common.j,blizzard.j}" />
<MODE NAME="wc3-vjass" FILE="vjass.xml" FILE_NAME_GLOB="{!{common,blizzard}}.j" />
<MODE NAME="wc3-zinc" FILE="zinc.xml" FILE_NAME_GLOB="*.zn" />
to this (note the order):
<MODE NAME="wc3-vjass" FILE="vjass.xml" FILE_NAME_GLOB="*.j" />
<MODE NAME="wc3-jass" FILE="jass.xml" FILE_NAME_GLOB="{*.ai,common.j,blizzard.j}" />
<MODE NAME="wc3-zinc" FILE="zinc.xml" FILE_NAME_GLOB="*.zn" />
I had a chat with "delvinj" from jEdit IRC channel who explained me that the file "...\jEdit\modes\catalog" gets read with precedence order (last things have priority). He advised me to filter files with just "*.j" first & after that filter files like the "blizzard.j" & "common.j". Big thx again to him!

Course of events:
Downloaded recent jEdit 5.1.0 for windows from here: http://www.jedit.org/index.php?page=download
Followed instructions from post #1 -> no syntax highlighting
Syntax highlighting in old version "jedit4.3.1install.jar" works, but when I use it, I cant use file type association!
Just found out, that the syntax hightlight problem happens with "blizzard.j" & "common.j", but not with "*.ai"-files!
If I copy & paste my existing "blizzard.j" or "common.j" to another folder or just by renaming them, syntax highlighting works, while just opening the original ones doesnt!??
I already restarted my system... Oh, well, I will turn off my notebook & start it manually, lets see if anything changes...
- Nothing changed & additionally I realized another strange thing:
I mentioned that the "blizzard.j" & "common.j" are showing syntax highlighting when placed elsewhere on my system, right?
Now when I load these files with working highlighting & look in jEdit at the syntax mode, it says: "wc3-vjass"!
But thats another fault behavior! If I understood right, it should say: "wc3-jass"!
Next I turned off the jEdit server, now the mode for the new "blizzard.j" & "common.j" is showed correctly as "wc3-jass",
but still the original ones have no highlighting & their jedit mode is "text".
Next:
1. Deinstalled jedit from Software, searched drive C:\ for "jedit", deleted every entry, restarted windows, searched drive C:\ again for "jedit", found no entries.
2. Realized that there could be a conflict between the Java-Version jedit uses (I think it still uses java in the windows package as the programm was written in java) and my installed one. I'm using Java 8 at the moment because I wrote a JavaFX program where I needed the Early Access package from Java 8. So, installed latest Java 7 (Update 45), set JAVA_HOME & PATH environment variables, restarted windows, installed jedit 5.1.0 (by the way, right before the actual installation jedit 5.1.0 always tells me following in a popup window:
"The installer will now try to quit a running instance of jEdit.
Please save your work and exit jEdit for the installation to continue."

WTF??), followed instructions from post #1, retried opening the copied & the original "blizzard.j" & "common.j".
Yes! Now also the original ones have syntax highlighting, but still jedit shows "wc3-vjass"!
Next:
- temporarily deleted line "<MODE NAME="wc3-vjass" FILE="vjass.xml" FILE_NAME_GLOB="{!{common,blizzard}}.j" />" from "...\jEdit\modes\catalog" & saved
- started jedit by double clicking "blizzard.j", jedit mode = "wc3-jass" (yay!), closed jedit
- added the deleted line to "...\jEdit\modes\catalog" again & saved
- started jedit by double clicking "blizzard.j", jedit mode still "wc3-jass" (yay yay!), opened "common.j" by double clicking, jedit mode = "wc3-vjass" (gay!) ???
This gets interesting:
- removed all 3 custom lines from "...\jEdit\modes\catalog", saved, opened jedit by double clicking "blizzard.j" -> no syntax highlighting & mode = "text", OK! -> closed jedit
- added all 3 custom lines to "...\jEdit\modes\catalog" again, saved, opened jedit by double clicking "blizzard.j" -> no syntax highlighting & mode = "text", NOT OK!
- with the opened "blizzard.j" from the line above, in jedit "Utilities\Troubleshooting\Reload Edit Modes" -> !syntax highlighting! & mode = "wc3-vjass" BETTER!
Next ran jedit through a batch-file, telling which java version to use, tried:
- java 1.8.0_ea
- java 1.7.0_45
- java 1.6.0_34
(verified by checking "Help\About jEdit..." in jedit)
Result: nothing changed in the false mode behaviour.
Next:
instead of using a glob pattern, i tried a regular expression (regex), because after uncountable failed attempts on globs I decided to go with the more powerful regexes.
Very strange:
while http://regexpal.com/ takes this regex: ^(?!blizzard\.j).* or this: (?!blizzard\.j)^.*$
jedit doesnt ("blizzard.j" is opened in mode vjass, not in mode jass).
with following regex, jedit opens the "blizzard.j" in right mode jass, but for example a "ABCblizzard.j" is opened in mode text: ^((?!blizzard\.j).)*

jedit globs & regex infos:
http://www.jedit.org/users-guide/globs.html (in the chat with delvin he said that this page is more about "vfs browser" than the mode matching in the "...\jEdit\modes\catalog"! So seems thats the reason why regexes wont really work there!)
http://www.w3schools.com/jsref/jsref_obj_regexp.asp
http://ragnar-f.github.io/docs/misc/RegEx-QuickRef.htm (german)
http://www.ag-intra.net/linux-al-regex.html (german)
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4...taining-a-word
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...tring-constant
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8...ith-a-sequence
http://regexpal.com/ (regex tester)

Last edited by MasterofSickness : 01-05-2014 at 11:20 PM.
MasterofSickness is offline   Reply With Quote