wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map Testing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-22-2009, 01:59 AM   #31
TEC_Ghost
User

TEC_Ghost will become famous soon enough (65)TEC_Ghost will become famous soon enough (65)TEC_Ghost will become famous soon enough (65)

Just a couple things I noticed while playing, It was hard as fuck to hit anyone. If they got to close they stopped you from loading up and arrow when they hit you, and if you prepared for them and they came from a different angle then you thought you had to re-stup again she wouldn't attack in the direction you clicked.

Other then that I fucking love it.

Projects
TEC_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-22-2009, 01:24 PM   #32
2-P
la la la

Terrain Moderator

Submissions (14)

2-P is a glorious beacon of light (423)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (423)2-P is a glorious beacon of light (423)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEC_Ghost
she wouldn't attack in the direction you clicked.
Yeah it's annoying that the first arrow goes into the direction you faced while loading the bow.
Double and triple arrow firing is awesome. It would be helpful if you could use the right click to instantly cancel the "attack mode".
I usually died because the corpses were blocking arrows until they disappeared.

What's the third char going to be? A mage? :P
2-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 10:44 AM   #33
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

I fixed the issue with the aiming, the archer now has a 45 degree field of fire so if the target point is within that angle from the archer's facing when the arrow is released, the arrow will go precisely towards the target point. You can further increase your chance of hitting with quick shots, if you leftclick immediately after the rightclick the archer will begin turning towards the target before the arrow is actually released, allowing you to hit enemies that are almost behind you. Of course, if you don't left-click immediately then you can execute a more powerfull shot, but for that you need to first position yourself so that you are more or less facing the target.

Also, the arrows should now ignore dead enemies.

The third character is going to be a soldier with a sword and shield.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:44 PM   #34
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitarf
The third character is going to be a soldier with a sword and shield.
Wasn't that the first one?
Old 10-10-2009, 04:08 PM   #35
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)Anitarf has a brilliant future (884)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Nah, that was a dwarf with an axe and a hammer.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:55 PM   #36
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

If you are talking about the footman Dusk, I believe that was before Anitarf started making the characters.

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #37
Anitarf

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Oh, right, the first testing unit was a footman, forgot about that.
Old 12-12-2009, 01:03 AM   #38
Artanis186
User

Artanis186 has little to show at this moment (0)

Very interesting. A few problems with it I've gotten are:

- (Easily Fixable) Able to move wisp, access the build tree, and detonate it.
- Sometimes the archer just goes into attack mode for no reason.
- Able to go off the top and bottom borders
- Able to go off the left and right borders (Though its model is still in the borders, it takes the amount of distance to go back onto the map)
- Doesn't always load up more than 1 arrow (Though maybe I wasn't doing it right, idk)

The concept itself is very nice though. I'd like to see this in shape and implemented in a map.
Artanis186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:01 AM   #39
Sinnergy
User

Sinnergy has little to show at this moment (8)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sinnergy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artanis186
Very interesting. A few problems with it I've gotten are:

- (Easily Fixable) Able to move wisp, access the build tree, and detonate it.
- Sometimes the archer just goes into attack mode for no reason.
- Able to go off the top and bottom borders
- Able to go off the left and right borders (Though its model is still in the borders, it takes the amount of distance to go back onto the map)
- Doesn't always load up more than 1 arrow (Though maybe I wasn't doing it right, idk)

The concept itself is very nice though. I'd like to see this in shape and implemented in a map.
its still a test map, ani will find some new way to replace the wisp. I even caused the archer to bug with the arrows.
Attached Files
File Type: w3g HackNSlash Arrow Jerk Off.w3g (22.1 KB, 7 views)