wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Art Gallery > Textures > Model skins
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-28-2009, 12:53 AM   #1
EvilNoodle
User

Submissions (1)

EvilNoodle is on a distinguished road (21)

Default Dunewalker

Its for a map of mine.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dunewalker.jpg
Views:	1037
Size:	229.2 KB
ID:	47199

Last edited by EvilNoodle : 01-20-2010 at 03:07 PM.
EvilNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-28-2009, 06:03 AM   #2
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Skinning Contest #12 WinnerSkinning Contest 6 ~ Ancient Civilization

This is really cool, but itīs lacking some contrast right now.
NiRVaNa_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:16 PM   #3
Ikum-bokum
User

Submissions (4)

Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)

Those arms need a little bit more detail.
Also, what Nirvana said.
Ikum-bokum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #4
EvilNoodle
User

Submissions (1)

Thanks for the tip, i think im gonna try redo the arms a bit so the contrast is higher and make them a little more gray to neutralize the eyepoking orange color. And try out burn tool on the scales.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:08 PM
EvilNoodle
This message has been deleted by EvilNoodle.
Old 01-19-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
EvilNoodle
User

Submissions (1)

Finished version:
Click image for larger version

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	47552

Last edited by EvilNoodle : 01-20-2010 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:51 AM   #6
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

I just noticed the update :P
I would add some colors in the back to break the monotony in there, mostly because it looks really desaturated right now if you look at the model from behind. I kinda liked the orange-ish color it had before, it just needed a few strokes of lighting. Maybe you could make the scales on the tail to go up a bit further and on the sides of those spikes on the back.
Besides that, I really like it. The tail looks a lot better with the increase of contrast.
Old 01-21-2010, 01:12 PM   #7
EvilNoodle
User

Submissions (1)

Wow thanks for nice CC, i appreciate it :).
About the colors, im not entirely sure if orange fitted, because ingame when i tried the skin it looked terrible. Anyway i will see what i will do, perhaps i'll go for either a red or golden skin and maybe go with a slight touch of pink just as i did on the lips.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:41 AM   #8
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

You tested it in a desert environment, right? If you didnīt, maybe thatīs the reason it looked so weird. Otherwise, Iīll trust in your post :P

Iīd go with a yellowish tone in the scales going in the middle of his back (where the spikes are) and the red with the pink touch for the rest of the body. It COULD work the other way around too, canīt really tell right now...
I would also add a little bit of saturation on the tail to bring the green in there, not too much though.
And I donīt know, maybe a few scales on the arms acting like some bracers of sort, without being too obvious.

As an entirely different suggestion, I would go with a darker (almost black) color in the scales going through his back (spikes, again) and add a few plaques with the same color on the body. This image kinda shows the color scheme Iīm suggesting (yeah, from pokemon, and slightly unrelated, but it has a desert them and the cconcept could work out in here :P). For the tails it just needs a tiny saturation fix like the other suggestion.

Just my two cents
Old 01-22-2010, 06:10 AM   #9
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

F*cking <3 Hippowdon. Also, this is cool, reminds me of Kassar.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #10
EvilNoodle
User

Submissions (1)

Heh i got some inspiration from Kassar actually, but im trying to keep it still a bit distant.

I like your ideas Nirv, but im still not exactly sure what im gonna go for. Maybe scales under the armes to remove a bit of the plain-ness and make some sort of contrast between the spike scales on the back as with the rest of the body. Wether i will make them black i still dont know, but i've always had an idea of turning him into some sort of scorpion lizard hero, kek :P
Old 01-22-2010, 10:16 PM   #11
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

The black scales would definitely turn it into something completely different, so itīs really up to you. The scorpion-lizard idea could actually work out, the scorpion bit is going to be a bit hard to apply though, unless you can find a cool way to apply the typical scorpion sting in the design.

And the reason I posted that pokemon drawing is because I always thought those holes spewing sand where a really cool idea to apply on a sand themed character, although itīs a bit too hard to try that concept with this model, considering the model model deforms all the time because of the animation.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:17 AM   #12
ike_ike
User

Submissions (5)

ike_ike will become famous soon enough (30)ike_ike will become famous soon enough (30)

If you got someone to add sand spraying particles out of those holes I would praise you forever.

...also...

Maybe some uber high contrast highlights on the weapon? 'less it's one of them nasty tetanus inducing rust bucket things.
ike_ike is offline   Reply With Quote