wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Model Resources > Animated Models
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-16-2009, 08:45 PM   #1
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin
Default High Elf Chronomancer

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

Originally made for the Hero Contest #4, unfortunately my team-mate could not finish coding the spells in time. So I'm releasing this model for you guys to use. I used Medivh as a base model and modified it to make it what it is. The head and hair are from the Arthas model, the head using Blood Mage's texture and the hair using a Campaign Screen texture of white hair with a geoset animation that colors the hair brown during all animations. Staff was made from scratch in Milkshape 3D. The model uses all-ingame textures from various places, be it units, structures or even the "F10" menu you can access while inside the game. Book is geo-merged from the Paladin model. The original mesh was modified slightly to fix various flaws in the animations, such as clipping issues, so if you find such a flaw, please report it to me. The model is best used as a hero, as it has hero glow on his weapon and on the "ground", and it has a dissipate animation. A portrait is included in this model. The model uses Priest's death sound and ordinary Human blood-splats when it dies.

"High Elven Chronomagi are a new addition to the forces of the Alliance. While rare and few, those powerful sorcerers from Quel'thalas can bind the very forces of time to their will. Many of them have not survived the third war, and most of those who survived wish to keep their High Elven identity, rather than becoming Blood Elves, whom they despite and deem corrupted. Harnessing the very flow of time, the Chronomagi are a powerful force to be reckoned with. They have been invited to join the Alliance, to avenge their fallen Elven brothers and sisters. Most have agreed, but some are still independent, choosing a life of a hermit, wandering across the world..."

UPDATED: Changed lots of stuff, fixed minor stuff. Most importantly: Added gems on his mantle, changed texture on cape and hood, added a proper icon.

I would appreciate any kind of constructive criticism.

Well, what more to say? It would be nice to have some credits if this is going to be used anywhere.a
Attached Images
File Type: png Version_1.2.png (370.6 KB, 2707 views)
File Type: png ChornomancerIngame.png (1.34 MB, 1080 views)
Attached Files
File Type: 7z HighElfChronmancer.7z (108.6 KB, 888 views)

~Gladiator, Sacred

Last edited by deolrin : 03-01-2010 at 08:56 AM.
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-17-2009, 02:42 AM   #2
Avenger
User

Avenger has little to show at this moment (0)

Whatever a chronomancer is, hes sexy.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:13 AM   #3
fX_
User

Submissions (2)

fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)

the staff stands out
fX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:37 AM   #4
Anachron
User

Anachron will become famous soon enough (51)Anachron will become famous soon enough (51)

I am sorry, but reallife got me.

Nice model, nonetheless.

Last edited by Anachron : 12-17-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Anachron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:09 AM   #5
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fX_
the staff stands out

How do you mean? Texture-wise, as in, the colors don't fit the overall style of the other textures used? Or as in, you mean that the staff is very detailed and the model is much less detailed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenger
Whatever a chronomancer is...

A chronomancer is a time mage. You know, like 'necromancer' is a 'dark mage', 'hydromancer' is a 'water mage', 'pyromancer' is a 'fire mage'...

~Gladiator, Sacred

Last edited by deolrin : 12-19-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:36 AM   #6
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Come on dude, get Oinkerwinkle's AnimRemove on that Hax sequence.

The staff head is very high-detail compared to the rest of the model.

The aura seems rather large, but that could just be me. It's not a problem.

Definitely have that spare sequence removed, though.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:56 PM   #7
fX_
User

Submissions (2)

fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)fX_ will become famous soon enough (38)

Quote:
The staff head is very high-detail compared to the rest of the model.
fX_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 12:17 AM   #8
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Skinning Contest #12 WinnerSkinning Contest 6 ~ Ancient Civilization

The cape, hood and that thing in his shoulders are really plain, they definitely needs to be fixed.
NiRVaNa_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:25 AM   #9
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

What do you mean by 'plain'? Will adding a couple of runes, or switching the texture, help in any way?

~Gladiator, Sacred
Old 12-19-2009, 01:10 AM   #10
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverSpell Making Session 13 WinnerSpell Making Session 12 Winner

Send a message via AIM to Zerzax Send a message via MSN to Zerzax

It's what people said in the hero contest thread. Bigass shoulders and a more bold facial and body structure.

1. Die - D2 Barbarian
2. Time to Die - D2 Barbarian
3. Too Much Baggage! - D1 Warrior
4. I Gotta Pawn Some of This Stuff! - D1 Warrior
Zerzax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:23 AM   #11
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

But then again... Some people agreed with me that shoulderpads on a mantle is.. bleh...

~Gladiator, Sacred
Old 12-19-2009, 12:06 PM   #12
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

I think the shoulderpads and mantle are perfectly reasonable; it really is the staff head that gets me.

The original Medivh model has no embellishments on his cloak beyond a little border, and little more than this for his shoulders, so you can't all go arguing WC3 style this time.

The only conditions I propose for approval are removal of dud sequences. He's 215Kb so dropping Hax is an absolute must; and I suspect you can get away without a lot of those Talk sequences too.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:31 PM   #13
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Skinning Contest #12 WinnerSkinning Contest 6 ~ Ancient Civilization

The medivhīs cape has strong contrast in the folds of the cape, thatīs enough to fix that problem. Embelishments have nothing to do with this.

The problem with this cape is the lack of contrast in the cape and the fact that is just one big block of color, thatīs why it is plain. A fix on contrast on the cape (take a look at medivhīs cape for an example of how it should look) would be enough if itīs possible, and if it isnīt, you could try another texture I guess. The exact same problem goes on in the shoulders.

Also, maybe itīs just me, but Iīd like to see more modifications in this model. It looks like a medivh with a head/texture swap to me right now. I really like the choice you made for the head, but you could try some other stuff for the body to make it more unique, like those bigass shoulders mentioned here for example. Try to reduce the polies on the weapon and spend those in there.

As a side note, you need an ingame pic of the model.

Last edited by NiRVaNa_87 : 12-19-2009 at 01:41 PM.
NiRVaNa_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:59 PM   #14
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

Hmm, thanks for the criticism and all, but...

I don't really know of any team-colored in-game cloth texture that has such a thing. I've looked through those I know of again, to no avail. If you know of one, I'll sure switch to it.

As for it looking too much like Medivh... Yes, I know, and I really have no idea what to do to fix it. I have had a few ideas, like replacing the hood with a pointy mage hat, adding a circlet of sort on his head, adding a dagger to his right hand... Well, I'm not sure of any of those, but if something from here sounds nice, or if you have suggestions, please do post.

@RDZ - I've removed all 'Talk' animations and the 'Hax'(Morph) animation, the filesize is now 168 kb(cheers!). I'll update it later, when I'll have some ideas for more improvement on that mode. I really want to make it as good as I can... Problem is, I really have no idea how to improve it - or more specifically, what do I have to change or add to improve it.

~Gladiator, Sacred
Old 12-19-2009, 06:59 PM   #15
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

I see what you're saying, Nirvana, but I'm not really convinced it's much of an issue here. Anyway, the Sylvanus cape is team-coloured and has voluminous folds... But good luck wrapping it.
Units\Creeps\SylvanusWindrunner\SylvanusWindrunner.blp