wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map Testing
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 12-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
zen87
vJass maniac

Submissions (1)

zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)

Send a message via MSN to zen87
Default [RPG] Final Alliance

Download:
Click here.

Words:
Yes, I know dropping UAV wasn't a good idea.

Blame that to blizzard, for releasing 1.24 patch that make most of the custom maps unplayable. But I don't wish to make an UAVI either, so I named this map Final Alliance instead. The word Final would actually indicate this is my last project on Warcraft III before moving to Starraft II mapping enviroment.

Enough saying, enjoy the game!

Features:
  • A RPG game combined with a little castle siege feature style gaming.
    Save (-save) and load (-load) allows you to save your game experience and bring them into next game, with more game experience, more powerful items will be unlocked at your command!
  • Each hero have 5 active spells, and 11 passive skills enchanted in a spell book, by learning the active spells you will gain bonus from the passive spells with different combination of spells. (That make up to a total of 16 spells)
  • Creep system - Totally randomized respawn system, different creep might spawn for the same creep camp, never think that "Oh this is a troll camp, I can easily handle this, and suddenly you shouted - OMG WTF A DEMON!" *sound of flesh flying around* and you get killed.
  • Random special feature such as stone skin, extra strong, spell resistance, and extra fast might get enchanted to certain creep when spawned.
  • Multiquest system - You can finish off the game with various way, like helping the evil kill the goods, helping the good kill the evils, or simply just whack up both party, it is all in your hand!
  • Advanced inventory system - Each hero are allowed to carry up to 4 main page item, 16 backpack items, and also 20 equipment slots, which make up to a total of 40 item slots for each hero.
  • Advance Potion system - Potions triggered, they will heal based on the hero's stat, e.g: Strength hero may gain more life from using health potion, while high Intelligence hero may gain more mana. All the potions stacks!
  • Drag and Drop combination system - We are getting bored with recipe system in many games, so something new have to come out, and here's one, you drag and drop one item into another, crafting new items, with some luck you might get some unknown-item that was not listed in the recipe list!

Last edited by zen87 : 01-01-2010 at 03:02 PM.
zen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 12-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #2
Anopob
Yay!

Anopob has a spectacular aura about (120)

I was looking forward toward UAV being updated, but I guess this will do :P I'll test it soon (probably now), but by only reading the features it is good to know a lot of the previous things from UAV are still here.
Better Ways of Requesting For Help - Race Contest #2 WIP Thread (Bone Race)
As of December 1st I have my blue rep. Yay :D
Anopob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 01:52 AM   #3
zen87
vJass maniac

Submissions (1)

zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)zen87 has a spectacular aura about (86)

thanks to that i was able to implement new stuff too :) so is considered balance~
Old 12-11-2009, 03:09 AM   #4
Anopob
Yay!

Typos
  • Quest -> Main Quest (1) -> "The Revenants is [are]
  • Hydromancer -> Watery Minions -> Bleed Attack -> "Bleeding damage does [is] not affect [affected]
  • Many instances of "Revenent" [Revenant]

Other
  • The multi-board needs more debugging or something. I was recorded with 1 death for some reason at the start of the game, and my kills kept increasing count (my guess is the NPC's kills counted as my kills) and my current "state" was "dead"
  • Team-attack is allowed (on the NPC's)
  • In Town of Absurtus, for some absurd reason, the fountain of power is not beside the resurrection stone. Normally this is fine but it seems weird since it is quite far off to the underground tunnel / revenant battle so it is pretty annoying to always have to retreat all the way back (more testing reveals that the shop/resurrection stone is also annoying especially against the revenant boss, but i guess this is intended?)
  • Just wondering, will any of the previous heroes from the previous game(s) show any appearances?
  • Revenant boss is a stumper for single player ftl, but I can sort of tell this game is not meant for single player :P
Old 12-12-2009, 07:42 AM   #5
zen87
vJass maniac

Submissions (1)

crap, i've totally forgotten about the buggy multiboard, gota have some quick release in short time to fix things up
Old 12-18-2009, 12:10 PM   #6
zen87
vJass maniac

Submissions (1)

Default New update v0.20

A new version has been release

Check out the Final Alliance v0.20 here!
Old 12-18-2009, 10:51 PM   #7
Anopob
Yay!

Beat the game this time with a level 10 Baron! :D
  • Dark Baron's ultimate says the first level has "Corruption Aura" but actually is "Weakening Aura".
  • Death Message -> Your hero has died, [.] Bring your hero ...
  • When Night Elf Life Sanctum is hurt, it stops its playing animation and tries to run away (turns the opposite direction) but cannot due to 0 ms. You probably should change this by continuously playing its animation or something.
  • Sometimes, there is no buff for Magic Resistance enhanced-unit.
  • Cinematic -> After Defeat/Victory of the Elves -> Knight -> The __ elves have ... assists
  • One of the farms in the main encampment is Neutral Passive instead of Allies (weird)
Old 12-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #8
zen87
vJass maniac

Submissions (1)

did i over-nerfed the boss? = =" sounds easy...
Old 12-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #9
Saiyuki
User

Saiyuki has little to show at this moment (4)

nice new hero, but: finally some books :D
  • allianced (computer) players sharing sight with players would help not loosing focus while attacking a base.
  • not all spawned units of the forces attacks the enemy base.
  • current endbase needs some more towers for it not being destroeyed without the help of the heroes. ( maybe a strong tower but weak against hero type damage )
  • current endboss needs a serious buff. before it took about 10 ultimates and 15 minutes to kill him, now it takes one and about 1 minute. ( on solo games )
  • tooltips of the baron needs some changes. first skills (pos 0:2) has a duration of 5s in the learning tooltip, but none at the normal one.
  • barons blow skill (pos: 2:2) could need a buff in duration or not being removed/debuffed by other spells.
  • some items shows up a command aura (buff icon).
Old 12-19-2009, 10:18 PM   #10
Anopob
Yay!

@Saiyuki: I also asked about not all the forces attacking in UAV (or was it IV? lol). zen said that was for "defending" the base so that not all units were going to attack immediately.

About the much easier boss, I'm not entirely sure how nerfed it was. As the Hydromancer in 0.1, it was practically impossible to kill (I died in about 3 hits). Now, as Baron, I needed to make 2 trips in which I didn't die (I retreated) and also I needed A LOT of reinforcements. The Baron also seems like a stronger solo hero.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:49 PM   #11
Saiyuki
User

yea, i solo'd the boss before with the hydromancer, using the ultimate only, then retreating... i guess the reason why the boss is quite easy now beside changing the attack type from hero to magic is the fact, that after solving the nightelves<>bloodelves part, an additional troop with magic resistance joins the attacking troops.
Old 12-20-2009, 03:31 AM   #12
zen87
vJass maniac

Submissions (1)

yes, the elves are crucial for the magical resistance as I though we need a tanker somehow, try 0.20 with hydromancer, should be easier this time :)

If all the base units were to attack together, the place will be very very crowded and your hero can hardly move >"<

P/S: anopob - is UAV xD
Old 12-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #13
Saiyuki
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen87
If all the base units were to attack together, the place will be very very crowded and your hero can hardly move >"<
well, then at least let them patrol near the towers or stand before them. it happened a few times, that the base towers were attacked, but the troops were still just standing where they spawned. ^^
Old 12-20-2009, 03:24 PM   #14
zen87
vJass maniac

Submissions (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyuki
well, then at least let them patrol near the towers or stand before them. it happened a few times, that the base towers were attacked, but the troops were still just standing where they spawned. ^^
=| guess i need put something to buff those towers against non-hero attack...

Last edited by zen87 : 12-20-2009 at 03:24 PM.
zen87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:01 PM   #15
zen87
vJass maniac

Submissions (1)

change log so far:

- When Hero level up, you now gain bonus stat points based on your FA experience point (lumber).
More experience = more stat = more powerful hero.
- New item type - Belts (see below).
- There is a limit of how many potions you can carry now, to change this limit you'll
required to equipt different types of belt to change the limit. To view your current
potion carry limit, just check your hero stat in the inventory.
- Potions now are able to refund for full purchase price :)
- Slightly increased potion pruchase price.
- Most towers in the game now have a special shield that reduce damage from non-hero attacks.
- Buffed Revenant tower (faster attack rate, more damage, bounce attack)
- More items, start whacking some creeps to get it :)
- Fixed several typos.

--------

I could release it now, or you all prefer to have more things updated before a proper release? :p