wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Ghost Forums > Map Database
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-06-2006, 12:17 PM   #16
Meai
User

Submissions (3)

Meai has little to show at this moment (1)

Am I the only one thinking this game simply makes no fun?
Meai is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-06-2006, 05:29 PM   #17
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)Tim. is a name known to all (502)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

Stratego is a thinking man’s game. Kind of like chess. If you’re not interested in playing Stratego, you won’t like Wartego. Simple as that.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 07:23 PM   #18
MasterDinadan
User

MasterDinadan has little to show at this moment (1)

I love it, and definatly want to play it again! However, I found a few bugs.

When I was playing regular with a friend, one of his hidden pieces (which was a treant on my screen) ended up a bit off-center. My opponent wasn't aware of the problem as the piece was in the proper space on my screen (only the treant that I could see wasn't.) Normally it's not a big deal, but a few turns later my opponent tried to move a piece next to this misaligned piece, and the piece he moved died, for no reason. I suspect it's because the game was confused about the position of the piece which wasn't centered.
At any rate, I don't know if this has to do with it, but the piece become uncentered when my opponent moved it at the same time as I was marking the piece (I was marking it as a bomb. I was obviously wrong since it moved!)

Later, we played the Samurai mode, and it was very buggy! A lot of the battle outcomes were NOT as they were described. In one situation, a 5C and a 5R tied, when the 5C should have won because of cavalry advantage. Also, the ninja was messed up SEVERAL times. There was a problem with the ninja attacking pieces and dying anyway. As I recall, this usually happened when he attacked 5's or 6's, but the explanation suggests that he should be able to beat any piece while attacking. As a minor issue, a few times a ranged unit would attack infantry and win, but the tip box said "Ranged Advantage Vs Cavalry." In one unusual case, the box said "Infantry Advantage Vs Cavalryt" (yes, there was a t after cavalry)

This first bug I described sounds like a rare occurence that may be fixed by some corrective triggers that check that every piece is in place... The second bug sounds like a bunch of triggers that aren't functioning properly, so I'll just refrain from playing samurai mode for now.
MasterDinadan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 11:43 PM   #19
Trenix_Decease
User

Trenix_Decease has little to show at this moment (5)

Hated it, even in chess you know what the unit is. Also I had trouble moving infront of an enemy unit.. heh.. needs work... and more action like when you battle players, you actually fight them. Otherwise this was kinda boring...
Old 09-23-2006, 06:24 AM   #20
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenix_Decease
Hated it, even in chess you know what the unit is. Also I had trouble moving infront of an enemy unit.. heh.. needs work... and more action like when you battle players, you actually fight them. Otherwise this was kinda boring...

Disguise and scouting are key parts of combat. Many a great army has fallen to a lesser one which had better information, and thus the element of suprise.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 05:55 PM   #21
LilSniper
User

LilSniper has little to show at this moment (0)

I prefer Peppar's over this but that's probably because I am a chess fan. As a kid I used to love the game Stratego. I'm a strategy-fanatic if you haven't realized that already. Back to the map... While I didn't find Wartego very fun, I think it is a well-made map and a great game.

---------------------------
"My defeats are simply the gateways to victory."
LilSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:24 AM   #23
YouAlreadyLost
User

YouAlreadyLost has little to show at this moment (6)

I downloaded this and played it online a couple of times. I have to say, this is very, very well done. The regular game of Stratego (which is all anyone cares about) works flawlessly. There is simply nothing else you could want from that game. I didn't try the naval version, but the samurai version was very, very buggy. Additionally, if you try the dragon version, it doesn't work and you have to remake the game in order to play a different version. Still, for the regular game of Stratego, I say this is terrific.

+Rep.

and maybe we can actually see a new version after all these years?
Old 11-28-2009, 04:16 PM   #24
SanKakU
User

SanKakU has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-1)

Send a message via AIM to SanKakU Send a message via MSN to SanKakU Send a message via Yahoo to SanKakU

i also agree that scouts should be able to move and attack in the same turn...they can basically go anywhere as long as they're not being blocked...of course once they attack something their turn is over, but if they don't attack anything they move to whatever spot isn't blocked off and then it's the other guy's turn.
SanKakU is offline   Reply With Quote