wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-08-2009, 03:32 AM   #901
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverSpell Making Session 13 WinnerSpell Making Session 12 Winner

Send a message via AIM to Zerzax Send a message via MSN to Zerzax

No prob.

1. Die - D2 Barbarian
2. Time to Die - D2 Barbarian
3. Too Much Baggage! - D1 Warrior
4. I Gotta Pawn Some of This Stuff! - D1 Warrior
Zerzax is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 09-08-2009, 06:54 AM   #902
wedged_mind
User

wedged_mind has little to show at this moment (0)

Righto, will see what I useful applications this system might have but the chance of me understanding it are pretty slim seeing as to how I've no experience with JASS and how you yourself admit that you've yet to totally understand it. No clue as to how you'll tie it in with whatever it is you've got up yer sleeve.

Again, looking forward to what you manage to design and thank you muchly
wedged_mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:46 PM   #903
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverSpell Making Session 13 WinnerSpell Making Session 12 Winner

This might be demanding, but I think you should find out exactly what ABuff does and see if it fits the description of the system you want. If it is missing certain components and you feel you really do need an independent system, then come to me, because this is a fair amount of work and I'd like to make sure redundant systems aren't being made and that we can minimize the amount of work required.

1. Die - D2 Barbarian
Old 09-09-2009, 03:40 AM   #904
wedged_mind
User

wedged_mind has little to show at this moment (0)

Copy. Will see what I can figure out.
wedged_mind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:12 PM   #905
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Thanks for doing this, I think it will help.

1. Die - D2 Barbarian
Old 09-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #906
Mendel
User

Mendel has little to show at this moment (2)

Could i request skill?
well this is prety simple, and i belive many have done it since i saw it in maps, altough they weren't perfect,
this skills is the same as fire skull or fire bomb what ever it is named, (From diablo3 ^^ witch doctor, wich can be seen at the gameplay of him,)
well basicliy works like a grenade, u throw a fireball on the ground and it explodes damages aoe,

i have searched the forums befor posting and found this tutrial:
Making a grenade type spell/
this is like exactly what i was searching, but here are the problems with it:
it uses 3 costum abilitys, i belive it's too much and not "clean" XD
uses a vaulnarble dummy, so it happends that the monsters are attacking the air :\.

i hope u could make one for me,
also i would like to add that
monsters wich didn't get killed by that, are set on fire and getting damage over time and slows down by 25%;

the damage is caculated like this:

50+(50*level of ability)+( (int of casting unit) /7)
this way u don't have to make "if" for each level, or am i wrong?
all other elemnts of the skill such as the dmg overtime and aoe is same for each level.
make it 5 levels for now.

also, when the explosion accures it will be very nice if the screen will shake as if it was an earthquicke
so will it shake for the casting player? or will it shake to all players in a radius of the explosion?
you decide :]

also could i ask it in Gui and jass? since i don't know jass i would like to see how u made it in GUI, but for use i would prefer jass cause of that local varibales.

Last edited by Mendel : 09-30-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Mendel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:12 PM   #907
cosmicat
Probably AFK

cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)cosmicat will become famous soon enough (71)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendel
Making a grenade type spell/
this is like exactly what i was searching, but here are the problems with it:
it uses 3 costum abilitys, i belive it's too much and not "clean" XD
uses a vaulnarble dummy, so it happends that the monsters are attacking the air :\.
The vulnerability of the dummy is easy to fix - just give it the Locust ability like any other dummy. As for "cleanliness," I'd be more worried about the GUI used in the tutorial than the number of custom abilities. Still, your concern is valid - less custom object data is generally preferred for portable spells.

Quote:
i hope u could make one for me,
also i would like to add that
monsters wich didn't get killed by that, are set on fire and getting damage over time and slows down by 25%;
This would most likely need to be applied with yet another custom ability.

Quote:
the damage is caculated like this:
50+(50*level of ability)+( (int of casting unit) /7)
this way u don't have to make "if" for each level, or am i wrong?
all other elemnts of the skill such as the dmg overtime and aoe is same for each level.
make it 5 levels for now.
The formula provided is sufficient to accommodate an infinite number of ability levels.

Quote:
also, when the explosion accures it will be very nice if the screen will shake as if it was an earthquicke
so will it shake for the casting player? or will it shake to all players in a radius of the explosion?
you decide :]
If I end up doing this, I'll probably leave it up to you, with the casting player as a default. I am of the opinion that camera effects are generally cheesy in real-time multiplayer games, though.

Quote:
also could i ask it in Gui and jass? since i don't know jass i would like to see how u made it in GUI, but for use i would prefer jass cause of that local varibales.
I take this to mean that you want the functions used by the spell to be in "vanilla" JASS, and an example implementation in GUI. Is this correct?

I have classes for the next five hours. Seriously. So I won't be able to work on this at all until later today. Also, I have an exam tomorrow and a bit of homework to take care of, so I can't promise anything. However, the ability you describe sounds simple enough, and since I need to get to work on a certain...project...before everyone (including myself) forgets about it entirely, I probably need to do something like this to practice handicapped coding.

EDIT:
As I'm working on this, I'm finding quite a few implementation options that could work in different ways.

Are you comfortable with setting up constant functions in Jass? (If not, I'll use GUI udg_s, but it'll probably clutter up your variable list.)

How should the damage over time / slow effect be applied? (Jass timers, disabled spellbooks, and Hashtable vs dummy cast ability)

How should the projectile effect be generated? (Yet another custom ability would again be the cleanest objectively, but you seem to have your own opinions)

Last edited by cosmicat : 09-30-2009 at 10:46 PM.
cosmicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:48 PM   #908
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

I have a base AoE damage modeled off the spell, Mendel, if you'd like to see it. It doesn't do damage over time and doesn't shake around but that can be implemented pretty easily.

1. Die - D2 Barbarian

Last edited by Zerzax : 09-30-2009 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:54 PM   #909
Kam
User

Kam will become famous soon enough (32)Kam will become famous soon enough (32)

If you are still working here, I need the following spell:

A buildable "waygate" where the owner can build a maximum of two of these structures, and once the second is built they are connected until one is destroyed. The units should not have a teleportation affect, instead when they run into the structure they sink down into it. It would also be nice if the duration of the move was based on the distance between the two structures.

I need help with AI for my project, please post if you are interested.
Kam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #910
Bustaboom
User

Bustaboom has little to show at this moment (0)

Default New Request!!!

Spell Name: No Escape
4 levels
A javelin will be trown at the target unit stabbing into his chest and (causing damage based on level of spell), and a ward or spike or some kind will stick into the ground next to him and a rope (arial shackle lightning effect) will be connecting the 2. The spike will be stationary but the rope will act as a elastic rubber band thing and will pull at the unit as he tries to move further away; at a certain distanct (600) the unit will be dragged back to within 100 of the spike. It can be broken based off of the strength of the unit or the number of tries that the unit makes to get away. When the unit breaks the rope it will be slowed for 3 seconds.

Tooltip: dont care you can make it up
GUI or JASS: I prefer GUI but whatever you feel like
One unit will able to use this per map.
Special effect or icon: Ground dirt kickup special effect forget what its called sorry
Bustaboom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:03 AM   #911
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

I'm helping Bustaboom out with his spell.

1. Die - D2 Barbarian
Old 10-23-2009, 08:27 AM   #912
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

I won't close this thread, but merely repeat the disclaimer I now put at the top of the first post.

Disclaimer: I'm no longer an active member of this site, and as such I cannot maintain this thread any more. All spells and code snippets posted by me in this thread are public resource, and may be used by anyone for any reason as long as appropriate credit is given.

-Pyrogasm (October 23, 2009)
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:30 AM   #913
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

:(, I hope we see you around at SC2C, Pyro. I can't really take the responsibility of an entire thread but I can help out occasionally with requests, as I am now doing with Bustaboom. If anyone else wants to help out with requests, by all means say so and contribute - I think it's an honorable and fun pursuit to keep up for the site.

1. Die - D2 Barbarian
Old 11-08-2009, 01:28 AM   #914
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Rawr! I have completed Bustaboom's request. I'm afraid no more requests will come for a while, as I'm working on the Hero Contest immediately tomorrow. But heck, no one can say the thread is dead yet...

No Escape

Hurls a vicious javelin at a target, dealing initial damage and chaining the victim to a magical ward. The chain drags targets back when they step out of range. If the target is a hero, the number of drags before the chain breaks and damages depends on the caster's agility and target's strength. Non-hero units are dragged back four times before the chain breaks.

3 levels

Expand v1.1 script:

EDIT: Crap, forgot about the slow. Will change this soon.
EDIT2: Now included and working. Enjoy!
EDIT3: Fixed a possible bug when heroes were hit. Also added an imported dust effect (from KnockBack system) that Bustaboom requested.
Attached Files
File Type: w3x NoEscape.w3x (121.4 KB, 3 views)

1. Die - D2 Barbarian

Last edited by Zerzax : 11-11-2009 at 01:55 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:50 PM
Bustaboom
This message has been deleted by Bustaboom. Reason: double post
Old 11-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #915
Bustaboom
User

Bustaboom has little to show at this moment (0)

thanks much for the spell it looks great man everything i expected and more great job
Bustaboom is offline   Reply With Quote