wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Art Gallery > Textures > Model skins
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-10-2009, 06:23 AM   #1
67chrome
I never say Ni

Submissions (4)

67chrome will become famous soon enough (73)67chrome will become famous soon enough (73)67chrome will become famous soon enough (73)

Race-Building Contest #2 Winner

Default Blood Elf Sentry

Click image for larger version

Name:	WatcherBloodElf.jpg
Views:	1235
Size:	303.1 KB
ID:	42863

Blood Elf Watcher skin I created. 100% freehand, even the ring that hangs from her loincloth. Did most of it with a blood elf picture to look at and Warcraft3Viewer. Based primarily off of WoW blood elf armor, blood elves, and their hairdos. If you have any ideas on how to make it better let me know :)

Last edited by 67chrome : 05-14-2009 at 12:29 AM.
67chrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-10-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

Nice, I love what you did with the hair. Are the eyebrows part of the helmet as well?
Her face is great too :)
  • DIII: TFA Textures
  • Finish and release a bunch of stuff
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:30 AM   #3
NiggaHorus
User

NiggaHorus has little to show at this moment (0)

Doubt it. Anyway, is the blue TC?
NiggaHorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:50 AM   #4
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

It's good, but could be substantially better. The golden parts are quite blurry and cluttered, there's a lot going on and in-game that'll fall apart quite fast. I also feel like the TC shouldn't have a red overtone to it, since that will bleed with all of the TC colors to confuse people playing the game. Red + Blue = Purple and that's all sorts of confusing when they're all different player numbers. The shading on the red parts of the legs looks odd, since it gives it a plastic look as opposed to metal or protective.

I like the gauntlet and the structure, but I feel that the composition could use a bit of work. Do you have an in-game screenshot from the in-game camera?
Old 05-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
67chrome
I never say Ni

Submissions (4)

67chrome will become famous soon enough (73)67chrome will become famous soon enough (73)67chrome will become famous soon enough (73)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicRoyalty
Nice, I love what you did with the hair. Are the eyebrows part of the helmet as well?
Her face is great too :)

Ya, the top half of her eyebrows are on the helmet. Mostly because thier is a texture gap if you alpha out to much of her helmet at the top of her head :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiggaHorus
Doubt it. Anyway, is the blue TC?

It's blue team TC on the one with her back turned to you. The middle one is red, and the one on the left and the in-game portrait views are all purple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
It's good, but could be substantially better. The golden parts are quite blurry and cluttered, there's a lot going on and in-game that'll fall apart quite fast. I also feel like the TC shouldn't have a red overtone to it, since that will bleed with all of the TC colors to confuse people playing the game. Red + Blue = Purple and that's all sorts of confusing when they're all different player numbers. The shading on the red parts of the legs looks odd, since it gives it a plastic look as opposed to metal or protective.

I like the gauntlet and the structure, but I feel that the composition could use a bit of work. Do you have an in-game screenshot from the in-game camera?

Well, that gives me something to work on :)

I mostly kept the red undertone on the TC to see how it would turn out, looks ok on red, blue and purple but turns green a little brownish :/

btw, for the in-game screenshot do you care if the unit is cruising around on the outland abyss tileset or one I imported for that matter?

Last edited by 67chrome : 05-10-2009 at 07:11 PM.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:52 PM   #6
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome
btw, for the in-game screenshot do you care if the unit is cruising around on the outland abyss tileset or one I imported for that matter?
Nah, it doesn't matter so long as the view isn't obstructed and it's at the in-game camera angle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67chrome
I mostly kept the red undertone on the TC to see how it would turn out, looks ok on red, blue and purple but turns green a little brownish :/
Yeah, just stick with the solid team colors. That way it will both look better next to other WC3 units and the colors themselves won't bleed into brown ugliness.
Old 05-12-2009, 01:10 AM   #7
THE_END
THE_Legion General

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (17)

THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)

Hero Contest #3 - 3rd PlaceSkinning Contest 10 ~ Druid of the talon

Send a message via AIM to THE_END Send a message via MSN to THE_END

That looks wicked, I love it chrome
Old 05-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #8
67chrome
I never say Ni

Submissions (4)

Default Re Blood Elf Sentry

Click image for larger version

Name:	WatcherBloodElf.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	317.0 KB
ID:	42947

ok, shadded the armor a little more heavily to give it a more metalic look, sharpened the gold trim a bit, changed team color to have no undertone, and cleaned up various other things :)
Old 08-29-2009, 01:33 AM   #9
67chrome
I never say Ni

Submissions (4)

Ok, changed the skin a bit and figured I'd post what it looks like now. The little blood elves around the name are what the model looks like in-game, if they happen to be floating around in outland abyss. The rest of the screenshots were taken in the world editor :/

Last edited by 67chrome : 08-29-2009 at 01:34 AM.
Old 08-29-2009, 01:48 AM   #10
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Well, it's looking better, but you've still got a really crackly and pixellated appearance for the bits of armor that you have detailed. It should look more fluid and solid; look at Arthas' shoulderpads for an example.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:13 AM   #11
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

Yeah, it appears too harsh and oversharpened. I appreciate that you're working in a very small area there (seriously, I feel your pain :P). As such, have you considered increasing the size for working on tricky areas then resizing back to 256 for export? High res isn't a dirty word, as long as you know what you're doing :)

My only other beef is the highlights on the team colour. Currently, it really just looks muddy with the semitransparent thing going on there. Team colour looks best when it's over solid black and you use stronger alpha to highlight. For the highlighting thing, there are ways of making it work (see Unwirklich's stuff in the gallery).

Overall though, it's looking quite nice, keep it up!
  • DIII: TFA Textures
  • Finish and release a bunch of stuff
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:33 PM   #12
67chrome
I never say Ni

Submissions (4)

Ya, team color has been a real pain to work with in this skin. Under it the shoulders are essentially just black and white, I must have re-done the team color a good ten times with this skin and figured it looked good enough as is. I might go back and fix it now that you mention it though.
I'll work on reversing the sharpness of the armor details to, there really isn't that much space to work with them.
@Dusk - which Arthas skin are you referring to btw?