wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Art Gallery > Textures > Interface
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #1
unwirklich
insubstantial

Submissions (24)

unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)

Skinning Contest 9 ~ BeastmasterSkinning Contest 8 ~ Blood Mage

Default For the Spiderqueen!!!

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

wip:
Zoom (requires log in)

wip2:
Zoom (requires log in)

final:
Zoom (requires log in)

Zoom (requires log in)

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nerub WIP.jpg (139.5 KB, 1471 views)
File Type: jpg nerub WIP2.jpg (150.7 KB, 1101 views)
File Type: jpg nerub01.jpg (623.6 KB, 1061 views)
File Type: jpg nerub02.jpg (532.4 KB, 1125 views)
File Type: jpg nerub03.jpg (526.4 KB, 1014 views)
Originally Posted by Unwirklich
do you have any idea how much efford it is to make an interface? i dont just think them into existence in two or five minutes...
but thanks for the positive feedback anyways^^

Last edited by unwirklich : 08-02-2009 at 09:52 PM.
unwirklich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #2
ragingspeedhorn
I MUST BREAK YOU

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (10)

ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)ragingspeedhorn is a jewel in the rough (211)

Approved Map: Dodge The Wisp Wheels

Send a message via MSN to ragingspeedhorn

Amazing work! Will you also be releasing this? There's so few custom interfaces, and this one is really one of the best I've seen.
ragingspeedhorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:07 PM   #3
Linaze
User

Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)Linaze will become famous soon enough (50)

Awesome work man!
Linaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:16 PM   #4
midiway
Pro-carnivorous

Submissions (1)

midiway will become famous soon enough (43)midiway will become famous soon enough (43)

awesomeł, it should feature a spiked custom AoE indicator...

well, I'm ready to add this interface to my program

Who don't know it, Wc3styler is the easiest way to aplly custom interfaces to the game

Last edited by midiway : 08-02-2009 at 10:30 PM.
midiway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:46 PM   #5
unwirklich
insubstantial

Submissions (24)

unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)unwirklich is a splendid one to behold (618)

Skinning Contest 9 ~ BeastmasterSkinning Contest 8 ~ Blood Mage

no AoE indicator till now... i will think about that.
Originally Posted by Unwirklich
do you have any idea how much efford it is to make an interface? i dont just think them into existence in two or five minutes...
but thanks for the positive feedback anyways^^
unwirklich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 10:49 PM   #6
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

Dude, that is hot. Perfect style and detail. My only crit whatsoever is that the portrait cover looks a bit cluttered. It's due to the keystone arch thing over the portrait window, which is too tall and chunky and takes emphasis off the portrait.

Other than that though, I love it.
  • DIII: TFA Textures
  • Finish and release a bunch of stuff
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:34 PM   #7
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

That, sir, is hot. I agree with AR on the portrait area, that arch really does draw a lot of attention away from the portrait itself.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:39 PM   #8
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

First of all, it's good to see you around here again :)

3 words: Style, useful, exceptional.

I really would like to be able to provide you with some constructive criticism.
But I can find no flaws! Although, I'd prefer the "Ability & Command Button" background on this one:

Zoom (requires log in)

Man, this really makes me want to make a made-from-scratch UI for my Diablo project: Diablo III The Fallen Angel

On a slightly note, what ever happened to that Naga project of yours?
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:46 PM   #9
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I agree with Archian, the yellows and oranges looked very nice in the first WIP for the command card. They look much nicer than the grayed out version in the second WIP.
Old 08-02-2009, 11:56 PM   #10
TKF
User

TKF is on a distinguished road (10)

I'm looking for a space map UI. This is the closest thing to space map UI. Maybe i'm going to use it...
Old 08-02-2009, 11:58 PM   #11
zeroXD
User

Submissions (1)

zeroXD is on a distinguished road (16)

At first glance, it looks pretty damn epic. I love the style of the whole thing, looking very nerubian with the runes and spiderwebs and all that.
Upon closer inspection, though, it has a few points that could be improved upon. Constructive criticism is always good.

I'll start with the upper part of the screen, left side first, where you've got the cool stone border thing going on. It looks all good and perfect in the WIP (I use WIP2 and the ingames for comparison because the differences between them are rather subtle), but when the in-game buttons are added on, they overlap your borders and sort of ruin that part, between the Quests and Menu buttons and to the right of the Allies button especially. Also, the Quests and Allies buttons' background doesn't entirely fit to the size of the buttons themselves, and the end result is a little weird.

Also, the black'ish blue of the buttons doesn't really fit all that well with the grayish-bright-blue-purpley of the interface. I see two solutions to this, one being re-doing the colour scheme (I love your colours, though. Really), the other being alphaing out the buttons (If possible. It ought to be.) and just paint them directly into the interface. (Or make fitting buttons, which, if shared files, wouldn't screw up the menus.)
This has some downsides, like making the whole thing quite a bit less useful for multiplayer maps with multiple races, and, if menus share buttons, it would screw them up. The first one is less of a problem, as interfaces are better suited for campaigns and single-player maps due to their obnoxious file size, although the second can be an embuggerance.
Ofcourse, you could just leave it like that and make the best of it.

Oh, well. Top middle section. I think it's pretty near perfect, although you could add small "holes" for the glowy dots of the clock, like the other races' interfaces have. Also, I can't really tell from those shots, but make sure the clock's glowdots doesn't overlap it's "frame". Apart from that, the clock's great.

Top right now. Only two comments here, one is that, as the background for the gold window isn't completely black, and the background for the gold icon is, that causes a little problem there.
Then it's that big border for that "No Upkeep" window, which stretches so far to the left that there's barely room for the food counter. The four in the 14 is practically on the border in the ingame shot there.

All right, I started on the top, so let's work downwards here. I see you have a cursor in there, too, although it took me some effort to spot it. It's dark, really, although it's pretty damn cool. I suggest you brighten it up, just a little, although it's up to you. It's probably easier to keep track of ingame where you move it around all the time, but to me, it seems a little too dark from just looking at the screenshots.

Okay, we're still in the middle of the screen. Dialogue/menu windows. Those sides look just perfect, but the top border just seems to be pushing down on the text a little too much. The same goes for the bottom. Buttons again, they seem just a little too close to the border, although not so much that I can tell if they overlap or not.
This is a lot more minor, though, since you won't really be staring much at menus while playing.

I'm going down, down, down, into the burning ring of f- Erh, the bottom part of the interface. Let's go on, this time with the minimap. It's great. Nothing more to add there.
So, going left, that takes me to the... Er... Those fancy buttons. I see what you're going for there, and it's great, but the lower buttons, the creep camps and formation buttons in particular, seems to lie a little bit lower than where you put their borders in the interface.

Portrait next. As Anemic just said, it's a little bit cluttered. The border, while cool and awesome-looking, just makes the portrait itself seem really small. This is really the most major issue, I think. Also, the bits for the health and mana counters just below seems to be quite narrow, almost too narrow for four-digit values, which may well be a reality in most maps, including standard melee.

One more step to the left, the unit stat window. I can't really put my finger on exactly what it is, but it just seems a little stuffed and cluttered. Maybe raising the arch a little, there's room for it. And both the portrait and the inventory sides seem to squeeze at it a bit.

Which brings me to the inventory. It's hot, really. Even with the cool colours. Although as I mentioned just above, it seems to squeeze in on the stat window's place a little. Apart from that little detail, sadly, it's just about perfect.

Next up, and last, is the command panel, or whatever I should call it. It looks epic. I love the spiderweb across the two buttons in the bottom, and how the web seems to go over and around the bottom border when you have an ability there. Sexy.
One last comment, the command buttons panel of the first WIP is pretty good looking, although you might have to recolour them. But I agree with the people above, runes look better, and the interface could use a little bit more yellow-ish.

Oh, yeah. Finally done. That turned out a lot longer than I thought it would. Anyway, yeah. Final words. The whole thing is exceptionally stylish and awesome, although there's these small details which ought to be fixed (The upper part with the buttons, the gold icon, and the food counter), and a few things which could be improved. (Portrait, stat window)

I apologize if I sound harsh. Really, I try not to. Imagine me speaking in a friendly, conversational voice, and hopefully everything's all right. I just tend to pick at the details and have a little bit too much on my mind. There's always one, you know.

Edit: Fix'd some spelling errors.

Last edited by zeroXD : 08-03-2009 at 11:55 AM.
zeroXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:38 AM   #12
EvilNoodle
User

Submissions (1)

EvilNoodle is on a distinguished road (21)

I think the cinematic border looks a bit too sharp compared to the normal cinematic borders. [fixed]

Last edited by EvilNoodle : 08-03-2009 at 12:03 PM.
EvilNoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:31 AM   #13
Anopob
Yay!

Anopob has a spectacular aura about (120)

That looks incredibly awesome, though the top night/day clock seems to be slightly cut off. I'd personally prefer wip1 over wip2 mainly because the portrait is better, as well as the color scheme, though the purple egg in wip2 at the middle bottom is great too.
Better Ways of Requesting For Help - Race Contest #2 WIP Thread (Bone Race)
As of December 1st I have my blue rep. Yay :D
Anopob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 04:07 AM   #14
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

I only have to say one thing: You do owe us a Naga interface.

Excellent work.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:06 AM   #15
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin

It's really epic, but I have 2 complaints: I tested it in-game with midiway's "Wc3 Stylizer", and the first thing I've noticed is that the portrait frame is bad - the whole upper part of the peasants head, down to the eyes, is cut off. Also, the way you placed webs on the left-down-most ability "socket" is cool, really, but the ability icon overlaps it, making it look really bad.

Otherwise, pure win here. Glad to see you're back in business :)

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote