wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Art Gallery > Terrain
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 06-26-2009, 04:02 AM   #1
~Void~
Inactive as fuck

Submissions (39)

~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)

Default CotL Screens

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

Some screenshots from a project I'm working on for a contest at Hive.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CotL1.jpg (70.2 KB, 1063 views)
File Type: jpg CotL2.jpg (96.4 KB, 660 views)
File Type: jpg CotL3.jpg (86.7 KB, 603 views)
File Type: jpg CotL4.jpg (39.1 KB, 568 views)
Old 06-26-2009, 04:54 AM   #2
Nuclear Arbitor
Reputation Leech

Submissions (1)

Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)

to dark really but it looks ok
Nuclear Arbitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:31 AM   #4
Ikum-bokum
User

Submissions (4)

Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)Ikum-bokum will become famous soon enough (60)

For the love of FISH, man. Change that portal model.
Ikum-bokum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 12:49 PM   #5
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

Too dark. You should attach a light source to the units. Also, the terrian could use some more work...
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 05:11 PM   #6
~Void~
Inactive as fuck

Submissions (39)

~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)~Void~ is a jewel in the rough (213)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikum-bokum
For the love of FISH, man. Change that portal model.

I can't import another one since the contest only allows 10 imports and I'm at that limit.

Anyways, I like how dark it is, it's nicer that way imo. I might add a light source to the units, that might look pretty cool.

Last edited by ~Void~ : 06-26-2009 at 05:12 PM.
~Void~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:35 PM   #7
TotallyAwesome
User

Project Member: TBR

Submissions (7)

TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via ICQ to TotallyAwesome Send a message via AIM to TotallyAwesome Send a message via MSN to TotallyAwesome Send a message via Yahoo to TotallyAwesome

10 imports? what sort of bullshit rule is it?
Old 06-26-2009, 07:05 PM   #8
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Void~
Anyways, I like how dark it is, it's nicer that way imo
It's 'nicer' when nobody can see anything?
Old 06-26-2009, 07:40 PM   #9
~Void~
Inactive as fuck

Submissions (39)

But I can see clearly. I don't understand why you can't.

Last edited by ~Void~ : 06-26-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:56 PM   #10
TotallyAwesome
User

Project Member: TBR

Submissions (7)

TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via ICQ to TotallyAwesome Send a message via AIM to TotallyAwesome Send a message via MSN to TotallyAwesome Send a message via Yahoo to TotallyAwesome

low contrast monitor?
Old 06-27-2009, 01:24 AM   #11
~Void~
Inactive as fuck

Submissions (39)

Up the contrast then. Mine's on default settings... and it's just a regular laptop screen, nothing special. (maybe you have an old one because mine is and LCD)

Last edited by ~Void~ : 06-27-2009 at 01:25 AM.
Old 06-27-2009, 01:38 AM   #12
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Mine is the same - a laptop monitor on default settings. No other games or anything appear unnecessarily dark, so I don't think it's a setting issue.
Old 06-27-2009, 06:34 AM   #13
Nuclear Arbitor
Reputation Leech

Submissions (1)

Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)

my monitor is very nice in terms of contrast and brightness and i can't see anything.

seriously, give us a shot with light so we can actually critique it, you don't have to leave it that way and it doesn't even have to be in game but it's retarded when people start telling others whether or not the other person can see it and gets defensive when they are told the other can, indeed, not see it.
Nuclear Arbitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 12:21 PM   #15
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (817)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

If most of the world is going to be pitch black, I think you can get away with one light source on the character without causing anything nasty to occur.