wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Skinning / Texturing > WIP Skins/Textures
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 05-23-2009, 11:37 PM   #1
Denu
Cackle Cackle!

Submissions (14)

Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)

Send a message via MSN to Denu
Default Nazjatar Leviathan

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

This is my submission to the naga texturing contest at THW.

units\Undead\FrostWyrm\FrostWyrm.blp
units\Undead\FrostWyrm\starfield.blp

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nazjatar Leviathan.JPG (419.6 KB, 303 views)
File Type: jpg Nazjatar Leviathan2.JPG (141.0 KB, 29 views)
Attached Files
File Type: blp NazjatarLeviathan.blp (69.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: blp DeepBlue.BLP (3.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by Denu : 05-23-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Denu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 05-23-2009, 11:52 PM   #2
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

Good job pulling off this highly unfriendly unwrap :)

My only crit would be that the teeth are too dull; they need highlights and shadows to actually make them look like teeth. Is it possible to do anything with its nose horn? Or is that lost in the maze of the model somewhere?

I've got an image of the actual unwrap (along with those of the other Undead units) here. Give it a try, might just help out :)
  • DIII: TFA Textures
  • Finish and release a bunch of stuff
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 12:01 AM   #3
Denu
Cackle Cackle!

Submissions (14)

Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)Denu has a spectacular aura about (99)

Shouldn't be too difficult to change the nose horn and the teeth. I can likely get that done by tonight.

If only I had that wrap at the start... I had to figure out the wrap the old fashion way
Old 05-24-2009, 02:52 AM   #4
Avenger
User

Avenger has little to show at this moment (0)

Best, Frost Wyrm Skin Ever invented, +props
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 04:59 AM   #5
Denu
Cackle Cackle!

Submissions (14)

The teeth look pretty good ingame now. I was never entirely sure what I should do for the horn. Is it okay as is? If not, then what exactly should I do with it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Test.JPG (152.7 KB, 75 views)
Old 05-24-2009, 05:31 AM   #6
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (523)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

Better, but I still think they need more brightness to contrast properly.
  • DIII: TFA Textures
  • Finish and release a bunch of stuff
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 05:35 AM   #7
DarkWeaver
User

DarkWeaver has little to show at this moment (0)

Wow. Nice skin, but why don't you make the horn white, so that it may serve as a horn? It looks like part of it's skin now. The 4 front teeth could use some more detail, all the other teeth look sweet in my opinion.
DarkWeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 07:32 AM   #8
Arariel
User

Arariel has little to show at this moment (0)

Is the horn part alpha-able? If yes, I might think of something for it.
Arariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2009, 06:32 PM   #9
NiRVaNa_87
!

Concept Art Moderator

Submissions (8)

NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)NiRVaNa_87 is a glorious beacon of light (410)

Skinning Contest #12 WinnerSkinning Contest 6 ~ Ancient Civilization

Teeth are too gray, yellowish teeth would look more natural. Also, i agree with AR, they need more brightness.
NiRVaNa_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 05:22 AM   #10
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

The horn should be white to contrast with the fact that everything else on him is the same exact shade of blue. Indeed, as the others have recommended, the teeth should be brighter and a little less pristine. I also wish the fin-like wings had a bit of orange in them to spice 'em up and make it not so droll-coautl-snapdragon-clone. The wing tips should probably look like claws or some such to break the monotony. (Biggest problem with the texture)
Old 05-25-2009, 02:33 PM   #11
Archian
Dark & Ominous

Project Leader: LoC

Submissions (27)

Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)Archian is a glorious beacon of light (477)

I pretty much agree with everything that's already been said here.

Other than that, it's very well done :)
Especially considering the horrible unwrap :/

Plusses of reppz
Archian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 08:21 PM   #12
Denu
Cackle Cackle!

Submissions (14)

I probably wont do much of what has been suggested (excluding improving the teeth and horn) because the wrap really interferes alot. But I get the general tone and I totally agree. It is just way to monotone. I still have a few tricks up my sleeves that just might work. I will try them out. The nose horn and teeth come first though.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:39 PM   #13
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

It is a texture artist's job to work with the wrap, not give up because of it. You can do it. :)
Old 05-25-2009, 09:11 PM   #14
THE_END
THE_Legion General

Project Member: PoC

Submissions (17)

THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)THE_END is just really nice (386)

Hero Contest #3 - 3rd PlaceSkinning Contest 10 ~ Druid of the talon

Send a message via AIM to THE_END Send a message via MSN to THE_END

Aw Dusk..you've said that to me so many times :P
Denu, I love it, but I do agree with all of the above
And I would say maybe add some sort of stripes or something of the sort on the back to give it a less monotone look
Old 05-26-2009, 11:23 AM   #15
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

I thought this was a custom model when I first saw it, but it's pretty cool as a Frost Wyrm texture.

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote