wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

View Poll Results: What will be the new mini-race? (Note: I won't start it so soon)
Fel Humans (of Alterac) (Humans) 4 66.67%
Ogres (Orcs) 2 33.33%
Murlocs (Undead) 2 33.33%
Kobolds (Night Elves) (in need of Hero Abilities) 1 16.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2009, 07:03 PM   #46
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 has a spectacular aura about (143)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Yeah... But it sounds like the kind of spell you'd give to, like, a "Nursery Master" or "Infant". Not a hardened adult Elven killer. O_o

That being said, I agree with teh "blink-strike" ability; totally fits.

--EDIT--
Oh yeah, on one of your screenshots, I saw a unit get a red "mancato" (or something). I assume that is "miss"? :P
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-03-2009, 07:30 PM   #47
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
Yeah... But it sounds like the kind of spell you'd give to, like, a "Nursery Master" or "Infant". Not a hardened adult Elven killer. O_o

That being said, I agree with teh "blink-strike" ability; totally fits.

--EDIT--
Oh yeah, on one of your screenshots, I saw a unit get a red "mancato" (or something). I assume that is "miss"? :P

Right, but let's say that it's a great skill for kill-stealing, so... it goes...

As for Sneak Attack, I'm having great problems because it uses the Locust to not let the player to stop the action... should find a better way to do this...

And as for "mancato", I missed that part XD

EDIT:

Screens from "Invaders vs Natives" added...

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 03-03-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Michael Peppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:28 PM   #48
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Nice screenies. I love seeing custom models/races duking it out. :P

I just noticed that the "Guardians" are all those Night Elves... If you chose that name for a specific reason, that's cool, but they're actually known as Sentinels (the female troops in the Night Elf army). Just FYI.
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Old 03-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #49
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)

Quote:
Nice screenies. I love seeing custom models/races duking it out. :P

From that match I had something like 11 screens and it was really hard stop taking others... XD

Quote:
I just noticed that the "Guardians" are all those Night Elves... If you chose that name for a specific reason, that's cool, but they're actually known as Sentinels (the female troops in the Night Elf army). Just FYI.

I thought about Maiev's Guardians (or "Wardens"?) when I was doing that race, as the main hero is a Warden, in the case of the Sentinels I guess I should have used the Moon Priestess, but I prefer badass melee agility guys (gals in this case).
Old 03-04-2009, 06:44 PM   #50
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Yeah, they were "Wardens", but that was more the unit/hero model's name. If you've made a race of female NE (haven't check yet (don't kill me!)), then they should definitely be called the "Sentinels". Lore is fun. :P
Old 03-04-2009, 07:22 PM   #51
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Quote:
Yeah, they were "Wardens", but that was more the unit/hero model's name. If you've made a race of female NE (haven't check yet (don't kill me!)), then they should definitely be called the "Sentinels". Lore is fun. :P

As for Wardens you're right (don't worry, I won't kill you (for today... :P)), but as I've seen we're both wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lore
The Watchers were the jailors and marshals of night elf society until shortly after the Third War.
Membership

At first, volunteers from the Sisterhood of Elune made up the Watchers, and so the organization was composed solely of night elf women. As their duties were broadened, the Watchers accepted night elf women from other professions. A mixture of volunteerism and military promotions caused the organization's size to grow somewhat, although the Watchers remained a relatively small group. Illidan Stormrage killed almost all of the Watchers after the Third War, at which point the group ceased to exist.

So maybe I must call them the "Watchers"... and as for "the group ceased to exist", I could always say that these are the last group of Watchers alive... just like Blizzard did with the former "Alliance" lead by Garithos. :P
Old 03-04-2009, 07:25 PM   #52
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Where'd you find that? WoWWiki?
Old 03-04-2009, 07:26 PM   #53
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Sort of. Not valid?

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/...opedia/624.xml

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 03-04-2009 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:33 PM   #54
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

I dunno. I just remember having read through "all" the lore (from Blizzard.com? Or maybe it was worldofwarcraft...), and that didn't sound familiar to me.

Anyway, look around. I know somewhere the female-troops are known as Sentinels... And not just in general. (Human Alliance, Orcish Horde, Undead Scourge, Night Elven Sentinels)
Old 03-04-2009, 07:39 PM   #55
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Quote:
I dunno. I just remember having read through "all" the lore (from Blizzard.com? Or maybe it was worldofwarcraft...), and that didn't sound familiar to me.

Anyway, look around. I know somewhere the female-troops are known as Sentinels... And not just in general. (Human Alliance, Orcish Horde, Undead Scourge, Night Elven Sentinels)

You're right in this, the female-troops are the Sentinels, but that's something like an elite order, like (I guess) Dalaran Mages or Paladins for the humans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by From the same site
Outside of the barrow prisons, members of the Watchers worked alone. These deadly women were not a militia, nor were they considered part of either the Sisterhood of Elune or the Sentinels. As the group's leader, Maiev was given the rank of warden, which she later awarded to a select few who had proven their exceptional fighting abilities, tracking skills, and tenacity.

It's nice playing "World of Lorecraft" :P (though some explainations are somewhat silly...)

EDIT:
However, thanks for finding a lore bug, but I can't Rep you more, so you got to be satisfied with my thanks. :P

Seen this, new lore-fitting upload (sorry, but that's my silly way of updating everything for just a detail...)

FURTHER EDIT:
Oh, Handclaw, will you always pass by without leaving even a comment? XD (joking...)

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 03-04-2009 at 11:03 PM.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:49 AM   #56
bobbuttons
User

bobbuttons has little to show at this moment (3)

Send a message via MSN to bobbuttons

hi
I found a pretty cool model which you may have come across or not, but it is a nerubian heavy unit http://xgm.ru/files.php?section=wc3&...age=100&page=4 called the Nerubian behemoth (15th model on that page). The picture of it there isn't that good, but I tried it ingame and it fits really well with the other Nerubs. Thought it may be useful for your nerub minirace.
Also, incase you needed any more models for nerubian buildings - have you seen the hidden models:
Ziggerat 1: Doodads\Northrend\Structures\AncientZiggurat\AncientZiggurat0.mdl
Ziggerat 2: Doodads\Northrend\Structures\AncientZiggurat\AncientZiggurat1.mdl
Hope this can help :)
bobbuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #57
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Uhm... how did I skip that model? Thanks, Much Appreciated.

However, as soon as I resume the project, I'll try to finish the Blood Elves first then bring a demo with only that race to the map testing forum... then I'll continue this way until I'm satisfied.

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 04-13-2009 at 11:45 AM.
Old 04-13-2009, 11:52 AM   #58
bobbuttons
User

bobbuttons has little to show at this moment (3)

Send a message via MSN to bobbuttons

sounds good.
Glad I could help, because this project is key definition awesome.
bobbuttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2009, 08:20 PM   #59
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Oh yeah, that Nerubian Behemoth model is surprisingly good. I mean, it fits the race (head and legs), but has a different color scheme from most of the rest (but one that still fits, nice and subdued), has TC (IIRC), has good unused meshes/anims (the makrura), and ... just yeah. Good stuff. :P
Old 04-13-2009, 09:04 PM   #60
RenegadeMushroom
User

RenegadeMushroom is on a distinguished road (18)

That Nerubian Behemoth is awesome. I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to use it in my Nerubian Race (Strife of Rebellion). I'd be glad to have an unofficial contest between which of us (Mike, Kyrb, me and anyone else who wants to) can make a better use of that awesome model ;)

Also, that Abyssal Illidan rocks socks, and that's putting it lightly.
I have to put it n my, err..doesn't matter. (suspense secrecy FTW!)

Any updates lately?
RenegadeMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote