wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > General Development
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 03-06-2009, 02:46 AM   #76
darkwulfv
Alpha Male of Wc3c

Official Map Reviewer

Submissions (6)

darkwulfv is just really nice (270)darkwulfv is just really nice (270)

Send a message via AIM to darkwulfv

Kyrbi0, you forgot to add me to your ubertable of races.

I'm officially going to try to enter and complete it. My race will be "Canidis" (wolves and gnolls, mainly). It shall be an interesting endeavor!
a dota like map but with unique stuff
(There was no map attached, and that was all the thread said.)
Spells I've Made

Darkwulfv's Lightning Grapple || Tritanis' Lazy Bolt

darkwulfv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 03-06-2009, 03:20 AM   #77
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverSpell Making Session 13 WinnerSpell Making Session 12 Winner

Send a message via AIM to Zerzax Send a message via MSN to Zerzax

If I have time over Spring Break (middle weeks of March) I'll try an ogre race.

EDIT: That is, of course, after some much needed work on LoC.

1. Die - D2 Barbarian
2. Time to Die - D2 Barbarian
3. Too Much Baggage! - D1 Warrior
4. I Gotta Pawn Some of This Stuff! - D1 Warrior

Last edited by Zerzax : 03-06-2009 at 03:21 AM.
Zerzax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:15 AM   #78
RenegadeMushroom
User

RenegadeMushroom is on a distinguished road (18)

So:
(In Chronological order)
Contestants:
UserRace
Kyrbi0Goblins
ShadowWolfCritters
Rising_DuskElementals
Cherry-SoapUrsa
RenegadeMushroomMurlocs(Blood-Tide Clan)
BlackrootSpiders
Av3nChaos Orcs
darkwulfvCanids
Shadow_KillerCrabs
MechmapTuskarr
Michael PeppersF Factor
Jazradel~Inspiration~
Kinorhynkar~Secret~
gyrosphinxKobolds
BalnnazarArcanists
Sunwarrior25Bandits
wc3shadyFrost Trolls (Black Ice Clan)
Killer_MushroomFaceless Ones
Zerzax(?)Ogres
-
Although Rising_Dusk should be at the top, I typed it in order of who posted that they were doing it.
RenegadeMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:31 AM   #79
Kyrbi0
~There we go~

Submissions (1)

Kyrbi0 has a spectacular aura about (143)

Send a message via MSN to Kyrbi0

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwulfv
Kyrbi0, you forgot to add me to your ubertable of races.
No, actually I purposefully omitted you. :P You (earlier) couldn't decide between the "canidis" and "mammalian", and I wanted to keep the table simple, so I left out people who couldn't decide/didn't commit. Of course, I will add you now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyadvocate
Dont have it "Enslaved", the Furbolgs are like uberdruids, the Wildkin would help them wether they wanted them to or not
Ah, good point. Furbolgs are very druidic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyadvocate
Looks like im not doing corrupted, Blizzard is a company of retarded people, one CANNOT create a unit based on the Haunted Gold Mine, it will change into the Haunted Gold Mine once the map is loaded...
Gah, that's too bad. But what do you mean? AFAIK, the only problem with Haunted Gold Mine is that it the workers who use it must be Undead.

Have you tried replacing every Haunted Gold Mine on the map with your "corrupted" gold mine thing at Map Initialization?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Peppers
Boy, you forgot "gyrosphinx"... the kobold-guy... XD
EDIT 2: You forgot also Av3n...
That's wierd (considering I was just talking to him). And Av3n, too?? Must've done copy/pasta right over him. Lo siento, senors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc3shady
Alright, here's a quick (full) write up of the Black Ice Clan. It is a definite rough draft, is subject to change, but hey lets hear your feedback.
Woah, give me time to get back to this...

~~~

Well, as much as it irks me (you taking my "job" :P), I ought to thank you; I missed several people, though I went through the thread from the beginning. That being said:
New and Improved...

Current Entrants - 09/03/05:
#UserRace
1)Kyrbi0Goblin
2)ShadowWolfCritter (~)
3)Rising_DuskElemental
4)Cherry-SoapFurbolg (Ursa)
5)RenegadeMushroomMurloc
6)LinazeOgre
7)BlackrootSpider
8)Av3nChaos Orc
9)Shadow_killerCrab
10)MechmapTuskarr(en)
11)Michael PeppersF Factor
12)Jazradel[~inspiration~]
13)Kinorhynkar[~secret~]
14)gyrosphinxKobold
15)BalnnazarArcanist
16)Sunwarrior25Bandit
17)wc3shadyIce Troll
18)Killer_MushroomOld Gods
19)darkwulfvGnoll (Canidis)
20)ZerzaxOgre (~)

I must say, this is freakin' awexome. Even if only half of the entrants finish and submit, it's still gonna be a massive-fest. :P
=It was brought to my attention recently that the ":P" icon stands for "tongue-sticking out", and not the "smirky half-smile" I was using it for all these years. = Thusly I apologize for any unintentional juvenilization of my messages to anyone so afflicted.=
Kyrbi0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:36 AM   #80
wc3shady
User

wc3shady has little to show at this moment (8)

Yeah, this is going to be one mega contest. I sorta find it funny, I never participate in contests, but the one time I check for contests I find one want to enter in.
Old 03-06-2009, 04:44 AM   #81
Av3n
Roar!

Project Leader: TBR
Project Member: PoC

Submissions (7)

Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)Av3n is a jewel in the rough (240)

Hero #4 extra-official winner2008 Spell olympics - Fire - BronzeHero Contest #3 - 3rd Place

I just started work on my farm building... and who loves 1 minute massing ^^.

And who said Orcs has to be red xD. Might have to alter my concept completely but you guys will get what I'm aiming for. (I'm using some of the stuff that PoC have thought up of but never used).

-Av3n

Thanks to FatherTime for the sig
.:
Current ProjectsSubmissions
Power of CorruptionMy Terrain
The Black RoadMy Resources
Strikeforce
Twitter
Av3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 06:51 AM   #82
RenegadeMushroom
User

RenegadeMushroom is on a distinguished road (18)

Updated Units/Buildings List, Added Hero:
Units:
Unit:Role:
Rogue StormreaverHero
Murloc ServantWorker
Murloc HuntsmanSimple Melee
Murloc KnifehurlerSimple Ranged
BluddmancerSpellcaster+Seige

Bludd Tide Summoner
Spellcaster
ShaddoflowterSpellcaster/Heavy Air
Enslaved Sea GiantHeavy Melee

Buildings:
Building:Role:
Tidal HallTown Hall
Murloc HutFood/Defensive Structure
Murloc LodgeFood/Defensive Structure(Upgrade)
Spawning PoolBarracks
Altar of BluddAltar
Sacrificial SpireSpellcaster Barracks

Hero Description:
Hero:(Role - Damage Dealer)Spells:
Rogue StormreaverMonsoon
-Blood Leech: The Rogue Stormreaver plants a Blood Leech in the enemy. For every 10/8/6 hit points lost, the hero gains 1 hit point. Deals 2/3/4DPS to the target.
-Flood Whirl: The Rogue Stormreaver summons a stream of water to circle the enemy for 10/15/20 seconds. The water deals 5/6/7 DPS, and deals 100/125/150 damage upon 'death'.
-Souls of Pain: The Rogue Stormreaver targets an area. All units in that area, that are controlled by the spell user are killed, and the Rogue Stormreaver gains a 1 minute 20/40/60 (depending on amount of units killed) attack boost, deals Chaos damage, and his movespeed/attackspeed is increased by 85% (.85)

My lore for my hero:
A weak Stormreaver apprentice broke away from the Stormreaver clan, and went roaming for different kinds of magic, to learn through experience, rather than teaching. After 20 years he found a small tribe of Murlocs who worshipped the 'Bludd' Tide god. It so happened that he had mastered Blood and Flood magic, and he presented himself as the Blood and Flood god, and drove away a fiersome beast terrorising the Murloc tribe. He established himself as chieftain of the tribe, tought them to fight, and use blood and flood magiks. He named the Murloc tribe the Blood Tide Clan, and to this day, he rules over them.
RenegadeMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:14 AM   #83
Jazradel
Superuser

Submissions (1)

Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)Jazradel has a spectacular aura about (110)

Send a message via AIM to Jazradel Send a message via MSN to Jazradel

Okay, I've decided. Church of the Holy Light.

I think that probably counts as a race.

Table:
Jump Map
Point System
Warcraft III Model Archive

W3 Model Archive should be available from https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cd5..._III_Resources, PM me if it doesn't work.
Jazradel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 07:16 AM   #84
gyrosphinx
User

gyrosphinx has little to show at this moment (4)

I'll do an overseer/taskmaster as a hero, expert in demolitions and ambush
Old 03-06-2009, 08:01 AM   #85
holyadvocate
User

holyadvocate is on a distinguished road (19)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyrbi0
Gah, that's too bad. But what do you mean? AFAIK, the only problem with Haunted Gold Mine is that it the workers who use it must be Undead.

Have you tried replacing every Haunted Gold Mine on the map with your "corrupted" gold mine thing at Map Initialization?

I placed my custom goldmine in the editor, to test, and when the map loaded it reverted to the Haunted Goldmine

tbh, i was to discouraged to even bother fixing it, im moving on to something else
holyadvocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #86
Mechmap
User

Mechmap has little to show at this moment (1)

Damn Turtle Rock! It doesn't fit even a slightest with tuskarrs. I know it's probably a small chanse but could you add a winter map so that you can choose between the two?
Mechmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:56 PM   #87
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

The map is for uniformity between races so as to prevent it from impacting the voting at all. If I add a winter map, people will ask for a desert map for their razormane race; if I add a desert map, people will ask for an outland map for their eredar... You can see where this goes. It shouldn't be a problem that you're using Turtle Rock, the uniformity in practice should even the scales more than the alternative.
Old 03-06-2009, 03:06 PM   #88
Mechmap
User

Mechmap has little to show at this moment (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising_Dusk
The map is for uniformity between races so as to prevent it from impacting the voting at all. If I add a winter map, people will ask for a desert map for their razormane race; if I add a desert map, people will ask for an outland map for their eredar... You can see where this goes. It shouldn't be a problem that you're using Turtle Rock, the uniformity in practice should even the scales more than the alternative.

OK, I'll guess It'll have to do with Turtle Rock then. Maybe could I implent that on the loading screen... The Tuskarrs are on vacation...

Edit: Well, I've planned a little and this is my race so far:

The Tuskarr

Hero:
Tuskarr Chieftain

Buildings:
Igloo - Farm.
Arctic Tavern - Town Hall and upgrade keep.
Fishing Hut - Barracks.
Beast Hall - Secondary Barracks.
Sacred Grave - Tech Req Building.
Chanting Tent - Trains spellcasters.
Tuskarren remains - A pile of tuskarr's corpses and can be ressurected at will by the vicious necrolyte. You can build(dig up) these remains with the fisherman and then a necrolyte can use it to create an Undead Tuskarren for a limited(but still long) time.
Frost Launcher - Defense Tower, a bunker building that can be filled with Fishermans to fire ice bolts on enemy units.

Units:
Tuskarr Fisherman - Basic melee/ranged unit and worker.
Tuskar Whalehunter - Melee unit with Slippery Oil, causing them to have a chance to avoid an attack.
Mammoth - Basic siege unit that breaks enemy buildings with his tusks.
Tuskarr Spiritualist - Basic spellcaster. These priests use powerful chanting spells to empower his friends.
Tuskarr Necrolyte - These dark spellcasters can curse enemies and even awake their own dead.
Tuskarr Warleader - The brual warriors of the tuskarr have the strentgh of any foe and perhaps even more.

Last edited by Mechmap : 03-06-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Mechmap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 03:26 PM
Mechmap
This message has been deleted by Mechmap. Reason: I double posted.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:07 PM   #89
Sunwarrior25
I say!

Submissions (3)

Sunwarrior25 will become famous soon enough (30)Sunwarrior25 will become famous soon enough (30)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sunwarrior25

Posting from school. <.< >.> Anyone know how to replace the hall and workers with triggers without getting the "Your location will be revealed" message?
- Staying up WAY too late.
- Fooling around with various things.
Other places to find me:
YouTube
deviantART
Twitter
uStream
Sunwarrior25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:10 PM   #90
Michael Peppers
Lepus?

Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)Michael Peppers is a jewel in the rough (184)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunwarrior25
Posting from school. <.< >.> Anyone know how to replace the hall and workers with triggers without getting the "Your location will be revealed" message?

I only know that it's linked to the Melee victory/defeat conditions and, strangely, putting your hall in the constants with the others does nothing for this purpose.

In the past I used to create new victory/defeat conditions to avoid that message, but I'm sure there are better methods to do that...

Last edited by Michael Peppers : 03-06-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Michael Peppers is offline   Reply With Quote