wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Tools
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 09-29-2007, 10:45 AM   #76
PitzerMike
Alcopops

Tools & Tutorials Moderator

Submissions (12)

PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)PitzerMike is a splendid one to behold (643)

Approved Map: Pitzer's Minesweeper

RLE encoded tgas are not supported in BLPaletter, that's all.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:47 AM   #77
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)

No you see I did not use BLPaletter after W3IR,
I used generated .tga files directly.

Besides this tool is way to comlicated to be usefull to anyone but the author.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:40 PM   #78
PurplePoot
User

Official Map Reviewer

PurplePoot will become famous soon enough (60)PurplePoot will become famous soon enough (60)PurplePoot will become famous soon enough (60)

The border-adder part is really easy, with the only annoying bit being that it suffixes them instead of prefixing them.
PurplePoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 09:07 PM   #79
BlackDoom
User

Submissions (3)

BlackDoom will become famous soon enough (44)BlackDoom will become famous soon enough (44)

Send a message via MSN to BlackDoom Send a message via Yahoo to BlackDoom

Dear God!

1) I've been soooooooo damn inactive... and will keep being so... :(
2) When you shout an error, please also include the bugged file.
3) I am not the writer of the TGA or PSD or JPG reading/writing routines. I am only concerned by Bitmap works.
4) I tried to work on it, but I got involved in something else.
5) I am trying to get a job, somewhere, and W3IR is not exactly a tool that a software company could easily sell. So I've focused my attention on this other project I've started this summer.
6) Well... I'll implement a renaming (with RE) routine using wildcards and totally shell-dependent (that is, Windows style). I'll keep my previous implementation for my own pleasure, that's all.
7) No, it's NAMING convention, for it is a convention about the layout of the name of the files to be used as resources. Period. It is not about the renaming process, but about the new names format. Okay?

Once again, as far as I'm concerned, the errors delivered by coding routines are not my responsibillity. From the perspective of a code writer, the fact that you did get an error message means that the error itself was handled as it was supposed to. Cold and straight forward.

In the next version, I'll implement full support for customizable 32bit Bitmap files used as border files. If you people still want to rely on TGA... well, I've never done it, so, please, someone explain me why 32bit TGA are so damn better than 32bit Bitmap files??? Don't tell me that anyone can modify them, for you can also modify a bitmap image. And don't include the compression argument, please.

I'll include a feature that would allow one to force-set the alpha channel of a given bitmap using another bitmap as alpha mask.

Well... that would be all.

Cheers and thanks for the support.

Strictly for cohadar: I won't turn this page to flame just for your sake. If what I wrote in that document was too much, excellent. It means I did include the basics. I'll trim them next version. Otherwise, consider rewriting it yourself. Ultraedit and Firefox, paired on your screen, for a few days. Tell me how it feels like to type the code and text manually, then check how it looks like. That's it. Bye.

I have no beacon in these waters of solitude, shored by cliffs of despair, plains of emptiness and continents of defiance.
Should I sink?... perhaps it could put an end to my torment... perhaps it would not...

W3IR on THW on WC3C
My work on THW & on WC3C
Non-W3 work: ThemeXP.org Customize.org
BlackDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:43 AM   #80
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)cohadar is a jewel in the rough (246)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDoom
6) Well... I'll implement a renaming (with RE) routine using wildcards and totally shell-dependent (that is, Windows style). I'll keep my previous implementation for my own pleasure, that's all.

Like I said:
This tool is way too comlicated to be usefull to anyone but the author,
you need to separate the versions that you make for yourself and the ones you make for public.
Keep it simple and fool-proof please, it is the essence of all good programming.

It is also how Bill Gates became a millionaire,
software for the dummies yay.

Quote:
Once again, as far as I'm concerned, the errors delivered by coding routines are not my responsibillity. From the perspective of a code writer, the fact that you did get an error message means that the error itself was handled as it was supposed to. Cold and straight forward.

As a programmer I agree 100%, but this tool does not have programmers as target audience.
Do not confuse exception reporting and exception handling.

Quote:
Strictly for cohadar: I won't turn this page to flame just for your sake. If what I wrote in that document was too much, excellent. It means I did include the basics. I'll trim them next version.

Well frankly speeking you should look at my posts as a dissatisfied user feedback, nothing personal there, so no need to go "strictly on me"

I tried to use your program for the purpose it was ment to be used and the program failed, simple as that.
So I did one of my own.

Quote:
Otherwise, consider rewriting it yourself. Ultraedit and Firefox, paired on your screen, for a few days. Tell me how it feels like to type the code and text manually, then check how it looks like. That's it. Bye.

I don't know what this was supposed to mean
(you wanted to say that you know how to write html code manually?)
I could do that 8 years ago kiddo.

Anyways to not get too much into flaming I will simply state:
1. I am a better programmer than you. (in both business and engineering sence of that word)
2. You need to learn a lot about making user interfaces.
For starters read a beginners guide: (search this on google)
"User Interface Design for Programmers, Joel on Software"
Old 11-05-2007, 06:06 PM   #81
BlackDoom
User

Submissions (3)

BlackDoom will become famous soon enough (44)BlackDoom will become famous soon enough (44)

Don't kiddo me. Ok? I did not do that to you, so zip it!

So what if you're a better programmer? You should have thought to write a similar tool to W3IR before me. Otherwise, I suggest you do one for yourself and beat mine. I think this is as fairplay as it gets.

Yup, I do have a lot to learn. But that's just because I am now 20 years old. How old are you? And frankly, I am looking for a job. If you're so damn good, do it better. W3IR is a personal project. If anyone else feels it's not good enough, have the code and do it yourself. Although I suggest you'd start it from scratch.

Other than that... Well... I meant that HTML and CSS, manually used, give headaches. I suck at HTML in general. So, again, zip it. I am not here to brag about me. I never did.

Cheers.

I have no beacon in these waters of solitude, shored by cliffs of despair, plains of emptiness and continents of defiance.
Should I sink?... perhaps it could put an end to my torment... perhaps it would not...

W3IR on THW on WC3C
My work on THW & on WC3C
Old 11-05-2007, 06:19 PM   #82
cohadar
master of fugue

Submissions (5)

Well you started with a "strictly to cohadar" thingy and you got appropriate response.

I might be an egoistic self-centered sonofabiach but I pass a few good advices here and there, try to use that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordy
helping me but he was an asshole about it...
Yup that is me.

I am gonna zip it now and let you work on your tool...

PS: For age info look to your left

<---------------------------------------------<<

Last edited by cohadar : 11-05-2007 at 06:22 PM.
cohadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #83
BlackDoom
User

Submissions (3)

I did tried to find out how old are you... but I only got a join date from your user profile... Beats me, I'm either not familliar with the WC3C layout or you got the birthday / age set to private.

We'll chat privately on PMs or e-mail... if you still want to talk about anything.

Cheers, mate

W3IR on THW on WC3C
My work on THW & on WC3C
Old 01-30-2009, 11:41 AM   #84
lucifekit
User

lucifekit has little to show at this moment (2)

I use this tool and warcraft iii viewer to make icon from my image.But i hate the step renames,it's always error.Can you show me a image before you click the button Renames??

AGG,i see the image of cohadar and i did it:D.Hey,if i have a 4 char files,5 char files,6 char files exp: 1234_0,12345_0,123456_0,can i renames all them with one times? Or i have to write $$$$%%,$$$$$%%,$$$$$$%%?

Last edited by lucifekit : 01-30-2009 at 12:00 PM.
lucifekit is offline   Reply With Quote