wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Developer's Corner > Triggers & Scripts
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 11-13-2008, 09:49 AM   #676
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (57)Gorman will become famous soon enough (57)

Send a message via MSN to Gorman

Heres a nice fun one for you!

Name: Carrion Swarm
Number of Levels: 3
Description: Carrions (Locust swarm model) fly out from the caster in a cone shape, as they fly out they will have a chance to home in on a unit in the area, or just fly into an open area and explode (dealing area damage). If they do hit a unit then they will deal damage to that unit and then attempt to jump onto random unit within range. Again, they will have a chance to home in on a unit in the area, or just hit the ground and explode. After a 5 seconds all living Carrions will return to the caster and heal them for 100% of the damage dealt. (ones that explode don't return, and their damage isn't healed)
It should be an instant cast, but it takes effect over a short duration of .5 seconds as the locusts are created and move to where ever they are going. It should have a range of 300 and level one, 400 and level two, and 500 at level 3. Damage should increase from 25, to 50, to 75 (for area and jumping damage). They should be able to jump back and forward between units.
Tooltip: You can make one =)
Coding: Jass or Gui.
MUI?: Yes please!

Thanks =)

EDIT: you never finished my last request =(

Last edited by Gorman : 11-13-2008 at 09:50 AM.
Gorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 11-13-2008, 09:53 AM   #677
XeNiM666
User

Submissions (1)

XeNiM666 has little to show at this moment (1)

Send a message via Yahoo to XeNiM666

Quote:
So then how does it decide the next target? Because if it's just the closest unit, then it's always going to pick the same target.
just picks a random unit within range.

Heroes
[||||||||||]
Triggers
[||||||||||]
Storyline
[||||||||||]
Items
[||||||||||]

Please PM me for item/hero/quest ideas.
XeNiM666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:54 AM   #678
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Hero Contest - Fourth place

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

So which is it, Gorman:
  1. Instant-cast like roar and the locusts filter out in a circle around the caster
  2. Instant-cast like roar and the locusts go in a cone in the caster's facing direction
  3. Point-targeted and the locusts go in a cone toward the target?
Aside from that it sounds manageable.
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

The Spell Request Thread Done for, unless someone else wants to revive it...
It lasted a damn long time.

Please; Ask for Help Appropriately

Quote:
Originally posted by Kyrbi0
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Originally posted by Pyrogasm
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.

Last edited by Pyrogasm : 11-13-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Pyrogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 10:58 AM   #679
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverSpell Making Session 13 WinnerSpell Making Session 12 Winner

Send a message via AIM to Zerzax Send a message via MSN to Zerzax

I can do that. It'll just be random targets. I can't assure you it'll be done this weekend, but I will make some good progress then :D

EDIT: Moco, I'll try and make the sheep spell for you after I'm done with Xenim's.

Last edited by Zerzax : 11-13-2008 at 07:46 PM.
Zerzax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 11:51 AM   #680
Purification
User

Purification has little to show at this moment (0)

Wonder if someone could help me make this :P

* Leap
* 4 levels
* The caster channels for 2 second, then he leaps/bounces/throws himself(something around the idea of flying through the air) 1000 range in the direction it was facing when it casted the spell, and when it lands, causes enemies in a 200 AoE where he landed to fly straight upwards into the air from their respective positions and drop back to the ground. The affected enemies will have their attack and movement speeds slowed by (10*level)% for 2 seconds after landing.
* JASS
* MUI
Purification is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 12:44 PM
sephra
This message has been deleted by sephra.
Old 11-17-2008, 11:37 PM   #681
Zerzax
Zerzy

Submissions (2)

Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)Zerzax is a jewel in the rough (192)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverSpell Making Session 13 WinnerSpell Making Session 12 Winner

Send a message via AIM to Zerzax Send a message via MSN to Zerzax

Progress report on cyclone: I'm done with 3/4ths of the coding. This spell turned out to be 3x as complicated as I thought it would be, though it only uses Table atm. Once I am "done" with the code, I need to heavily debug, which should take about a week. Expect a finished product in a week or two, depending on how furious the Hero Contest gets, and whether I enter or not.
Zerzax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 07:43 PM   #682
sephra
User

sephra has little to show at this moment (0)

hey you guys, i have read through this thread and i find it amazing how you guys can do all of this. Anyways for my request i would like to base it off of a spell request that was on page 15 or 16-
Quote:
Nulling Needle
Icon - Quill Spray (or the needle icon, without purple glow)
Missile - Quillbeast <Missile>
Special Effect - Feedback (the orange one)
Hurls a lethal needle in target direction. The first unit to be struck by the needle will be unable to cast spells for a short duration. Medium-Long rage, afflicts enemies only.

Level 1 - Deals 50 damage upon impact, prevents spells being cast for 3 seconds.
Level 2 - Deals 75 damage upon impact, prevents spells being cast for 4 seconds.
Level 3 - Deals 100 damage upon impact, prevents spells being cast for 5 seconds.
Except i would like it to be 4levels and every level increasing dmg by 50(100/150/200/250) and instead of silencing the unit it could reduce its armor by(2/3/4) for (3/4/5sec). Also could you guys please make it in GUI ? I know this is my first post here but i just like this forum although im not very active. Thanks guys
EDIT-also could you guys change the Feedback special effect into a (blue) wisp explosion type of thing or something close to it. once again thanks

Last edited by sephra : 11-20-2008 at 08:01 PM.
sephra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:53 AM   #683
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

Hmm... What about this?

Lucky Sevens - Passive
Description: Every 7 within any digit of the hero's health will deal that many 7's in additional damage when the hero attacks. Basically, if the hero has one 7 in their life (ex: 107, 579, 702, etc), they will deal 7 bonus damage. If they have two 7's in their health (ex: 771, 377, 7706, etc), they deal 77 bonus damage. If they have three 7's in their health (ex: 777, 7077, etc.), they deal 777 bonus damage, and so on. This should only go up to four sevens. Then again, the restriction isn't required, because no hero in my map can get 77,777 health.
Levels: 1
Coding Type: I'm trying to learn JASS, so please use JASS
MUI: If possible, yes
Icon: Doesn't matter; it's an item ability.
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.

Last edited by Ignitedstar : 11-23-2008 at 02:54 AM.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:07 AM   #684
Tide-Arc Ephemera
Overdoses result in death

Submissions (3)

Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)Tide-Arc Ephemera is a jewel in the rough (206)

If you know how to use Jass... here's what I'd do:

I will need to give the 7s people a dummy-bonus with multiple levels giving a bonus of 0/7/77/777/7777/77777 or so and set a timer checker to check every so often.
  1. Set a dummy integer to 0
  2. Convert the hero's health to an integer (DO NOT ROUND if you want it to be visually correct)
  3. Do a substring check for X to X+1 so that you get every digit, loop through each digit.
  4. If there is a 7, add 1 to the dummy integer
  5. Set the level of the 7s Bonus to the dummy integer.

Well there's my crummy methodology, I could do it in GUI if I had world editor...

If you're having troubles getting help on WC3C or anywhere at all, please have a look at...
The WRONG way to ask for help and The CORRECT way to ask for help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alevice
You may never stop our bioweapon! We mexicans shall rule the third world! Mwahahahahahahaha!
Please acknowledge that I use Mac and avoid suggesting vJass and other tools that don't work on it. Thank you.
Tide-Arc Ephemera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 03:29 AM   #685
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)Pyrogasm is a splendid one to behold (638)

Send a message via ICQ to Pyrogasm Send a message via AIM to Pyrogasm Send a message via MSN to Pyrogasm Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrogasm

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

Okay sephra, I finished your spell with a bit of GUI-inspriation :)

Nulling Needle:
Nulling NeedleHurls a lethal needle in target direction. The first unit to be struck by the needle will have its armor reduced for a short duration. Medium-Long rage, afflicts enemies only.

Level 1 - Deals 50 damage upon impact, reduces armor by 2 for 3 seconds.
Level 2 - Deals 75 damage upon impact, reduces armor by 3 for 4 seconds.
Level 3 - Deals 100 damage upon impact, reduces armor by 4 for 5 seconds.
Level 4 - Deals 100 damage upon impact, reduces armor by 5 for 6 seconds.
sephra#683Nulling Needle.zipPyrogasm
Attached Files
File Type: w3x Nulling Needle.w3x (102.0 KB, 58 views)
Your spells are mostly ignored because they are not very cool so we aren't very excited to review/approve them, but you are incredibly persistent and won't give us an excuse to graveyard it. That is generally what results in a resource being ignored for a long time.

Quote:
Huh. Almost makes me wish I had a girlfriend, to take advantage of today (wait, no, that's not what I meant... I mean, take advantage of the fact that it is international women's day... gah, never mind).
Quote:
Rome may not have been built in a day, but the Romans sure as hell didn't say "look at this great city we built guys!" when they had nothing more than a bit of stone and some cottages.
Old 11-23-2008, 01:50 PM   #686
sephra
User

Wewt thanks :D my spell maker doesnt know anything about jass but hes a pro in gui lol.
EDIT:"Medium-Long rage, afflicts enemies only."
Dont you mean range?
EDIT2: i was also wondering how could make the explosion on the enemy unit too?instead of the fire. Because my spell hero is "shooting an arrow made out of his own mana, but he made it so concentrated anything it touches will be weakened if not destroyed"
I like the effect on the caster because it looks like he made it but the fire just doesnt fit that well. Can you make the targeting not aoe but just a cursor point? Sorry if im being too picky about it but i just want a "perfect" spell xD

Last edited by sephra : 11-23-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:56 PM   #687
Ignitedstar

RP Section Moderator

Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)Ignitedstar has a spectacular aura about (102)

Send a message via MSN to Ignitedstar Send a message via Yahoo to Ignitedstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tide-Arc Ephemera
If you know how to use Jass... here's what I'd do:

I will need to give the 7s people a dummy-bonus with multiple levels giving a bonus of 0/7/77/777/7777/77777 or so and set a timer checker to check every so often.
  1. Set a dummy integer to 0
  2. Convert the hero's health to an integer (DO NOT ROUND if you want it to be visually correct)
  3. Do a substring check for X to X+1 so that you get every digit, loop through each digit.
  4. If there is a 7, add 1 to the dummy integer
  5. Set the level of the 7s Bonus to the dummy integer.

Well there's my crummy methodology, I could do it in GUI if I had world editor...
Well, that's nice to know. I just never thought of it that way. lol

Thanks. I'll try it and what happens.
I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.
If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge,
and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing."

1 Corinthians 13:1-2

Current Works:
None.
Ignitedstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 10:28 PM   #688
Pyrogasm
Lackadaisically Absent.

Respected User

Submissions (9)

IMO it wouldn't work because you'd have to keep updating the units' bonuses with a very fast periodic timer. I think it would simply be better to use a Damage Detection system.

Are you currently using one in the map that you want that spell for, Ignitedstar, or if not do you have any preference for which one I use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sephra
EDIT:"Medium-Long rage, afflicts enemies only."
Dont you mean range?
That's what I meant xD
Quote:
EDIT2: i was also wondering how could make the explosion on the enemy unit too?instead of the fire. Because my spell hero is "shooting an arrow made out of his own mana, but he made it so concentrated anything it touches will be weakened if not destroyed"
I like the effect on the caster because it looks like he made it but the fire just doesnt fit that well.
The model attached to the debuffed units can be found in the "Nulling Needle" buff (rawcode 'Bndl'), and the 2nd wisp explosion is created as the "target" effect in the spell "Nulling Needle Armor Reducer" (or whatever I named it, I can't remember); these can can both be modified by you.
Quote:
Can you make the targeting not aoe but just a cursor point? Sorry if im being too picky about it but i just want a "perfect" spell xD
You can edit all of the targeting options inside the spell itself. The spell is based on Channel, so you should be able to modify any of the values you want.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-24-2008, 12:02 AM   #689
sephra
User

alright, i just didnt want to mess anything up :P
Old 11-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #690
sephra
User

well its been 2days so i guess i can bump it up w/ a new request.
Star Pentagram-
levels-4
Code-w/e doesnt require addons to world editor
Effects-Makes a star(ill show a pic), and connects them using a pentagram, then explodes.*Note-star creating should be around 1sec(note the picture has the pentagram slightly askew, i would like it to be straight please)

Damage per level-150/200/250/300
Casting-Just stands there during casting time then the pentagram starts to appear.

Table:
Pentagram Explosion
Icon - Doesnt Matter
Missile - Mana Drain chain link
Special Effect - Blue Explosion

Level 1 - Deals 50 damage upon explosion, 4sec casting time
Level 2 - Deals 75 damage upon explosion, 3sec casting time
Level 3 - Deals 100 damage upon explosion, 2sec casting time
Level 4 - Deals 300 damage upon explosion, 1sec casting time