wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Resources > Texture Resources > Skins
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 10-19-2008, 07:38 PM   #1
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)

Default Vaul the Impaler

NOTE: You have been redirected in order for our attachments to be made available to you. This will only last two minutes; these measures where taken to avoid hotlinking and bandwidth theft.
To avoid these restrictions Log in or Register

Finished the texture, WIPs can be seen in the Wip textures forum.
Paths are: "Textures\Arthas.blp"
"Textures\Frostmmourne.blp"

Zoom (requires log in)
Attached Images
File Type: png art.png (953.9 KB, 2136 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Vaul.zip (94.3 KB, 303 views)

Last edited by Dionesiist : 10-20-2008 at 06:09 PM.
Dionesiist is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 10-19-2008, 08:13 PM   #2
Szythe
User

Submissions (3)

Szythe has a spectacular aura about (143)

Spell Making Session 11 WinnerSmiley contest 4th and 5th place.Mapping Contest Third PlaceSpell making session 08

The portrait looks like it could use some work. The pupils don't blend with the eyeballs, and the neck of the portrait is inconsistent with that of the model. I quite like the texture though.
Szythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 10:21 PM   #3
Shade987
User

Submissions (1)

Shade987 is on a distinguished road (19)

There's not a ton of definition in a lot of places. Idk, everything just seems really smooth. Idk, I guess I'm just not a fan of that style, but aside from that point, it is pretty good.
Old 10-19-2008, 10:59 PM   #4
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

I really think you jumped the gun in releasing it. I'd have loved to have said a few more things before you threw this out there. I'll probably mention them anyways in your WIP thread.

EDIT:
You didn't post the final one in that thread, I guess.

I think you lost a lot of consistency in the work as you rushed the arms for the finish, really. I mean you have these rust-red gauntlets, bright red arm cloth, dark gray pants, and very undefined belt/kneecap armor. These things work together to really deteriorate from the big picture.

I think the gauntlets should be the same color as the boots/belt, otherwise the skin won't match with itself or be coherent. See how on the boots you use those strong gold lines to accent the structure and outline it? That works really well, it turned out really well on the cape too. I think using that along the arms will make them more visible and make them stick with the rest of the texture better. Additionally, you should make the cloth on the upper arms the same dark gray as the pants.

The sword turned out really badass, by the way.
Oh, and your in-game screenshots are practically impossible to see. I wish they were better, I'm dying to see how all of that TC and the portrait actually look. Oh, and for whatever reason the portrait doesn't show his neck texture right and so he looks funny, is there any way you can fix that or no?

Last edited by Rising_Dusk : 10-19-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Rawr
Rising_Dusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 08:40 AM   #5
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

At last, another sexy frostmourne texture. o.o
Old 10-20-2008, 08:49 AM   #6
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

Blizz neglected to include a neck in Arthas' portrait. :(

*agrees with all of Dusk's points*

Besides that, something seems uncomfortable about his eyes - most likely
that his cheeks blend seamlessly into his eyes without a lower eyelid. This
can be fixed pretty easily by lowering the highlight of his cheek and defining
the lower eyelid area to your satisfaction (just a little for a smooth face, more
for an aged or shadowed look).

Also, he lacks eyelids - you should either texture them on or alpha them out.
Small thing, but necessary. Finishing the back of his legs wouldn't hurt either.

I love the hair, sword, chest, shoulders, cape and belt buckle.

Just improve the things that need it and I'll approve this badboy :)
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 09:37 AM   #7
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

Everything they said.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:10 PM   #8
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)Dionesiist is just really nice (382)

You didn't reply anymore on the WIP thread so I couldn't do stuff, Dusk. :/ I can't add more definition to the buckle and knee-caps without completely re-doing them, I'll try and find a way around it. I'll do what you said for the arms. I know my in-game screenshots are horrible, but for whatever reasons, that's the way they're saved when I use print screen, small and pixely. By the way, the screenshot got blurred both because I used a shitty converted texture (not the one uploaded) for it and because I resized it afterwards.

EDIT: Updated.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #9
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionesiist
You didn't reply anymore on the WIP thread so I couldn't do stuff, Dusk. :/
Sorry I was at work, in class, and having a life in the 150 minute time period you gave me to respond. I'll be sure to wait on your every need more closely in the future.

Bitter sarcasm aside, it looks a lot better; it's actually really awesome now. Within the current style, I think it's definitely good enough. There are no glaring concerns now, although I'm sure erwt/AR could find nitpicky details. :)
Old 10-20-2008, 06:33 PM   #10
Dionesiist
User

Submissions (34)

I'm just amazed how much character the face got by just pasting the pupils on the face instead of using alpha-ed planes and giving it eyelids.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:47 PM   #11
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

It did come out pretty good. :)
Old 10-20-2008, 06:53 PM   #12
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (927)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

the in-game shots with teal look really cool actually.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:31 PM   #13
TotallyAwesome
User

Project Member: TBR

Submissions (7)

TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)TotallyAwesome is a jewel in the rough (164)

Send a message via ICQ to TotallyAwesome Send a message via AIM to TotallyAwesome Send a message via MSN to TotallyAwesome Send a message via Yahoo to TotallyAwesome

Is it only me, or dio actually made a GOOD SCREENSHOT?
(awesome texture, though I wish you made Vlad :P)
Dio is evolving.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:22 PM   #14
AnemicRoyalty

Texturing Moderator
Project Member: WotTH

Submissions (23)

AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)AnemicRoyalty is a name known to all (524)

Skinning Contest #14 WinnerSkinning Contest #15 WinnerHero Contest #2 - 1st Place

It is with great pleasure that I approve this resource. Congrats Dio, this is great work.

~Approved
AnemicRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 03:34 AM   #15
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director

Submissions (27)

You know, this looks so badass in-game, I may actually have to find a use for it somewhere.