wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Project Discussion > Map / Campaign Projects
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 08-28-2008, 10:38 AM   #1
Zero
User

Zero has little to show at this moment (4)

Send a message via AIM to Zero Send a message via MSN to Zero
Default Swamp of Despair

Formally known as "Swamp Open RPG 1.8"

The setting of the map is a gigantic swamp (256x@256 Epic). There is a level cap of 500. Every five levels players gain 1 ability point and the level skip requirement is set to 20. Also, every 10 levels the player gains 1 Talent Point, which is used for various upgrades and events.

The players all start off in a camp a little northwest of the center. You start off as a wisp hero and can't leave the town. Throughout the small encampment is six different class masters. You bring the wisp to each individual master to train under him/her.

Start Town:

The classes are as followed:

Warrior:
Trains the hero in the ways of the Warrior. The Warrior class can use heavy armor, shields, and a good variety of weapons. Although his intelligence is weak and his spells are that impressive. Pretty much a tank hero.

Ranger:
Trains the hero in the ways of the Ranger. The Ranger class can use good armor and some nice bows. She has some nice spells and has really nice range. Careful though, she can die easily against melee monsters.

Sorcerer:
Trains the hero in the ways of the Sorcerer. The Sorcerer has a weak attack, can hardly use any items, and has low life. On the other hand, he has some serious damage spells. Make sure to buy lots of items.

Thief:
Trains the hero in the ways of the Thief. The Thief has a nice attack and some pretty nifty spells. He is more of a stealth hero than a direct one. He is limited to only daggers.

Cleric:
Trains the hero in the ways of the Cleric. The Cleric is a mix between a tank and a healer. He hits really hard and can heal other units. Although, he is limited to hammers.

Druid:
Trains the hero in the ways of the Druid. The Druid has a weak attack and can't use many items, but he can summon powerful monsters and cast some decent spells.

Each class has 5 spells the can advance in and a sixth trainable spell. Let me explain. For instance, the thief has a default spell called "Transmute," it costs no mana and can best cast on creeps lv 2 and below. It has a 45 sec cooldown. Now, by speaking with the trainer, you can pay money to upgrade Transmute to the next level, which would allow creeps lv 4 and below. All of the classes are set up like this.

Now, throughout the map, there is other masters that let you train under them. Alltogether, there is 18 different hero classes you can be, but not every class can be used by the same base hero. You can advance into Tier 2 Heroes if you have completed all quests of Tier 1.

The tree is as follows:

Warrior - Berserker - Samurai

Cleric - Shadow Hunter - Monk

Thief - Assassin - Ninja

Sorcerer - Summoner - Elemental

Druid - Necromancer - Beastmaster

Ranger - Sea Witch - Sniper

The map's terrain is linear. In order to progress into the next zone you have to complete that area's Master's Quest.

There is 17 different monster levels. Each broken down to zone's and in each zone it progresses by a level.
Example: Zone 1 = lv 1 and 2 mobs / Zone 2 = lv 2 and 3 mobs

All mobs and heroes are broken down in these three types:

Melee
Ranged
Magic

The way it is set up is:

Melee gets an extra damage bonus against Ranged.
Ranged gets an extra damage bonus against Magic.
Magic gets an extra damage bonus against Melee.

Furthermore, there is a drop system and a class specific item usage system. I made it so that a warrior can use a sword where as a druid cannot. I also made it so you can't hold more then lets say one sword at a time. The item drop system is as followed:

Chances to Drop Items:

20% Chance to get Gold.
15% Chance to get a Normal type item. [Text Color: White]
11% Chance to get a Enhanced type item. [Text Color: Green]
07% Chance to get a Rare item. [Text Color: Orange]
03% Chance to get a Unique item. [Text Color: Yellow]

It is also based on unit type. So, if you kill a melee type monster, he will drop a melee based item. So, basically what you want to get is up to you. There is also an armory in each town that provides Normal type of equipment for the level of the next progressive area. So, if you are having a hard time killing units, you can find a shop and buy the items rather then go out and find them.

Players may also choose to enchant any weapon they see fit for a price. Throughout the map there is various enchanters per town.

There is also treasure chests that spawn throwout the map. These chests can be locked. If your not a thief you can buy a key to unlock them as well.

The map also offers an arena where players can duel each other as well as participate in arena/survival matches.

Dueling Area:

The map is currently ready for testing and is going to be released as Alpha 1.0.

People that test this map and send me feedback will be included in a list of people that I will send the next closed release to.

In the final release I need to recruit someone to spice up the terrain as it sucks right now...

Download the map here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/resource.php?t=96533

If you wish to contact me other then this forum, contact me by:

E-mail - Zero0018@hotmail.com
MSN Messenger - Zero0018@hotmail.com
AIM - Groundzero0016

Last edited by Zero : 09-01-2008 at 02:41 AM.
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 08-28-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
Anopob
Yay!

Anopob has a spectacular aura about (120)

Alright, I decided to try this as it looked promising. Played by myself as couldn't get multiplayer going. Here are a few points:
  • The beginning cinematic...why does both the wizard and the evil Lucreto like to summon things one by one (especially Lucreto, it looked too weird when he was walking in between the guys and hitting them while trying to revive everyone)..perhaps he should just cast one spell and revive them all?
  • Also at the beginning, the wizard that summons the wisps says something about "corrupted" but it gets cut off. I'm pretty sure it's the heroes that died to Lucreto but you probably want to edit that
  • Teleportation skill on the faerie dragon has a typo
  • I find Staff of Virtue...but I realise I can't use it, np I say, but then I realise it says it gives 100+ dmg and 16 INT? The heck? Why is it so strong?
  • Spells will be changed, right? I mean multi-shot is forked lightning lol and it looks really, really un-multi shot like
  • Level 1 wolves have 12 armor, the heck? I know it's supposed to be hard on myself, but...12 armor?
  • Probably want to tell the people that items are like super-win for the cheapest price
  • Some ramps have the ugly straight-water "bug", might want to edit those terrain parts
  • I went ranger just fyi, and well, I can't do my 2nd quest or find the axe. Are those parts done yet?
  • Melee units are imba, if I say they have 5x damage, health and armor compared to other units I'm only exaggerating a little. Even with another hero I would still need so much more hits on them...unless it's supposed to be like this?

That's as far as I got. So far so good, though it's kinda awkward...hope to see an update soon!
Better Ways of Requesting For Help - Race Contest #2 WIP Thread (Bone Race)
As of December 1st I have my blue rep. Yay :D
Anopob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2008, 10:03 PM   #3
Zero
User

Thanks for the input.
  • The intro is going to be be changed in the future when I get an actual story down that fits the map better. For now it's pretty generic. Thanks for pointing this out though as I haven't tested the intro since I had to de-protect and redo this map as I lost the original copy.
  • In the first zone there is about idk 4 random enhanced items that are a lot stronger. There is over 200 custom items throughout this map varied by type and level. So, you will always find something better. I could remove those 4 items in the starting zone if it makes it to easy...
  • About multi-shot... Ya, I was disappointed in this spell. I spent a full day trying to make it work, and all i could come up with is using forked lightning... Unless their is a way to do it, it will remain. FYI I searched all the forums and looked threw spells to try to find a way to do it, didn't happen :(
  • The wolves are lv 2 and yes they are melee and that's their stats ;o
  • The terrain will be all revamped and updated in later versions, as I agree, it's not very pretty but I suck with terrain so it will have to be done by someone else...
  • As for not being able to complete your quests... All quests have been tested fully and they should work fine... Will test that right now actually.
  • As for the unit types:
    Melee Units Recieve = Full Life/Full Armor/Half Mana/Med Damage
    Ranged Units Recieve = Med Life/Med Armor/Mef Mana/Full Damage
    Magic Units Recieve = Low Life/Low Armor/Full Mana/Low Damage

I did run Verorian's map optimizer and maybe it messed something up with the map. About to test.

-EDIT-
Everything is working fine... I will fix the typos and intro in next version and thanks for the input :)
As for your quests with the Ranger:
You can't do your second quest until you complete the area quest which is given to you by the Berserker Master and yes you can find the axe, just look for it. Just tested and both work.
Although, I did find a bug... The Beserker is suppose to do hero arm/dmg and is prob really hard if your his counter class; which is Thief/Ranger...

Last edited by Zero : 08-28-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 05:54 AM   #4
Anopob
Yay!

Good to know many things were just bad luck. For multi-shot, perhaps change the spell to something else? Hopefully Magic Units have really strong spells to make up for their lack of...well, everything but mana. Hope to have this updated soon, thanks for the response!
Old 08-29-2008, 06:29 AM   #5
rulerofiron99
User

rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)

I like the wizard model. Moreover, the terrain looks pretty bland from those screenies. (haven't tried it yet)
rulerofiron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:31 AM   #6
Zero
User

To Anopob:
Yes, the have mean ass spells ;p
The ranger used to have 'Detect Item' but it was useless. She needed a multiple attacking spell. That is the best I could do and if you read the tooltip it says "The ranger imbues her arrows with lightning..." So, it kinda flows lawl

To ruel:
Ya, I know. The terrain sux ass but if you can ignore that go check out the game play / item system / hero system / quests ;)

To everyone and anyone:
I would refrain from downloading this for about a day. I've spent the last 8 hours or so testing this map on battlenet and found some bugs that weren't present in single player. I already updated a newer version to 1.1 but I found more bugs... I hate bugs...

Expect an update in the morning cause I'm going to bed :p

Last edited by Zero : 08-29-2008 at 10:34 AM.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #7
rulerofiron99
User

rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)rulerofiron99 will become famous soon enough (61)

Is terrain simply not your cup of tea? A bit of extra effort won't hurt :)
rulerofiron99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:10 PM   #8
Zero
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulerofiron99
Is terrain simply not your cup of tea? A bit of extra effort won't hurt :)

Meh, there is some area's where I make it look really good, but the overall terrain is covered in blight because the land is corrupted and you can play as the druid to restore each zone and it removes blight and creates grass so it's not 2 bad.

After this map is in final stages will have someone else, other then me, go in a make the terrain look snazzy ;)
Old 08-29-2008, 11:08 PM   #9
Zero
User

UPDATE:
Found more bugs and just finished fixing everything... 1.3 is now released

I also made it so if a hero near you is higher level and kills a mob you will gain half of the xp of the kill. Much needed for the cleric class and anyone that is falling behind, cause you all have to stick together with the amount of chaos this map throws @ you ;)

Some fun:

Last edited by Zero : 09-03-2008 at 07:02 AM.
Old 09-02-2008, 03:24 PM   #10
Purplemess
User

Purplemess has little to show at this moment (0)

Hey there,

First of all, great map! It's rare to see a map idea that has so much potential as this one AND is beyond the "i-got-this-great-idea-but-i'm-too-lazy-to-start-building-it" stage. I sure hope you manage to keep it up until fulfillment.

I just downloaded 1.3, and will start testing it this evening. I have found some bugs in 1.0, but since it's an older version, I'll check if they are still present in 1.3 first ^_^

edit:
Okay, started testing it the past couple of days.

Overall, it gives a very neat feeling. I would've expected to find alot more bugs and errors in an alpha-version of a map.
My list:
-Infernal sword: typo in the description, "destorys 25 mana" should be "destroys 25 mana"
-Warrior doesn't have enough mana to use shield slam right from the start at lvl 1. Maybe add mana usage and duration/cooldown times to all spell descriptions. Those are things that are always handy to know.
-Elecrtic dagger: typo in the name, should be "Electric dagger"
-I often see a "recommened lvl: #+" where # is the level I should be. Typo in there, it should be "Recommended lvl: #+"
-The talent-point message has a typo: the word "recived" should be "recieved"

Furthermore, I came locked in an endless battle at the zone-quest for zone 4 (the "tame a summoned creature" quest). I had no idea how to tame the beast, tried just about everything. Furthermore, teleport back to town was disabled, and the barrier prevented me from leaving. I'm not asking you to betray how the quest should be done, but changing the systems there should help. Maybe change it so that when you kill the beast, the summoner starts ranting at you but dispels the barrier. In order to try again, you must then use the medallion again. This'll prevent players who don't have a clue yet about how to do that quest from becoming locked in endless battle with the only option death. (My cleric was strong enough to handle him time and time again, and they're still battling as I type)

The next point I wish to highlight, is it's difficulty. My last testing run was as a cleric. The only point where I really got into trouble was the fight with the berserker at the end of zone 1. The rest wasn't that hard, even without good skill-usage. I was playing alone, through a LAN-game (it blocks singleplayer games...)
When LAN-played with like 5 players, I fear the entire map is a walk in the park. That is, unless you have already built a difficulty-according-to-player-numers into the map. If not, that's my suggestion.

Which draws me to my conclusion, as it remains to be said: It's already a decently-good map, with a huge potential. Keep it up, as it's definitly enjoyable!

~Purplemess

Last edited by Purplemess : 09-04-2008 at 08:18 PM.
Purplemess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 11:26 PM   #11
Zero
User

I'm glad u you like it. It's taken a very long time to get it where it is at.

As for your bug report, fixed all of those and thank you for letting me know. I'm sure there are more spelling errors more then anything ;p

As for the summoner quest, I made it a little bit easier as you now only need to get him down to 200 life for 5 seconds to win. I also added in a little bit more of a hint, but I'm not going to hold peoples hands threw the map so they can figure it out. As for it not letting you out, yes death is the only answer and if your selling items that u pick up the death penalty really isn't anything @ all but a slap on the wrist.

As for the cleric, I have been playing this map, on version 1.4 (too many times), and I did notice that the cleric is OP. I just actually went threw his spells and noticed some retarded elements. He is a lot weaker now and as for overall difficulty, the mobs scale to the amount of people in the game. So, for every zone it will spawn 1 monster per player. With more then 1 player this game truly shines because it becomes chaotic and really challenging/fun. At least me and my friends think so :)

Once again, thanks for the bug report and to let everyone know, 1.4 is very close to being released and you will all love the additions/fixes

-EDIT-
1.4 has been released:

Main Changes:
- Save and Load system added
- New quest system
- Dueling system has been fixed and updated (also replaces hero weap/arm with hero, so no double/half dmg)
- There can now be multiple of the same hero

Enjoy!

Last edited by Zero : 09-06-2008 at 12:39 AM.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:48 AM   #12
Anopob
Yay!

Well if Save/Load system works on LAN, I'll definitely try it out. Nice update!
Old 09-09-2008, 09:21 PM   #13
Purplemess
User

Purplemess has little to show at this moment (0)

Okay, I started testing 1.4. So far, I've found the following issues:
- Ranger appears to lack both movement command sounds and attack command sounds.
- Druid's Animal Companion skill description names a "spirt wolf" and a "spirt bear", that should be "spirit".
- The picture for the Druid's barkskin looks grimy and has some jpg-artifacts. But on the other hand, so does every custom artwork look, so I guess it's not that big a deal ^_^.
- Druids Animal Companion and Nature's Transformation hotkeys conflict with eachother (both n), my testgame picked Animal companion, but I also chose that skill before Nature's Transformation. Haven't tested it the other way around yet.

Furthermore, I tried the save-load option twice, and got a corrupted savegame both times. I'm still playing on my own by LAN. I'm unsure whether it's my game installation (running a fairly old patch) or the map itself.

I haven't had much time this evening, so I haven't tested beyond the first zone. Hopefully, I'll get more time this weekend so I can test it further.

Time for a cup of tea and a good night sleep. Keep up the good work!

~Purplemess
Old 09-10-2008, 04:38 PM   #14
slycker
User

slycker has little to show at this moment (0)

Hey there.
Great map. Hope there is an update on the map soon. It's getting rarer that I see maps, especially RPG, that are nicely done. I've enjoyed playing it ;-)

I found some [possible] issues while playing the map.

Shadow Hunter:
- Level 1 Charm and Hex can affect creeps higher than level 4. (Tested this on level 7 creeps)
- Some of the creeps will have a tooltip missing icon on their spell slot once charmed. (i.e. Voidwalker, Ice troll priest)
- Most of the times creeps are not affected by Deadly Voodoo.

Druid
- Spell Resist creeps cannot be killed by Druid (and Sorcerer). Being mobbed by lots of Mud Golems becomes quite a pain.
- Nature's Transformation and Animal Companion is (harsh to say) useless. At Level 5 facing a level 7 creeps, it's as if they don't deal damage at all. I think this should be buffed a bit.
- Tooltip on Druid Master: Animal Companion is spelled Animal Companiobn.
- Quest Crack of a Whip: How do you determine if the quest is complete? Does it rely on the 5 second below 200HP without damage dealt? Because if it is then a game with a Druid (with Thorns Aura) may not be able to complete this quest since the Aura will always return damage. I could not finish this quest whatever I do . :-(

Gameplay
- I don't know if this is really how this should go but whenever an item is flame enchanted any item near the creep that is currently attacked is destroyed.
- Items that are dropped after equipping or trying to equip (i.e. equipping a bow on cleric) is not included in the item sweep.
- I have a Cleric code that does not load. I've recheck my code if I got it right. I could send the screenshot to you if you need it.

I like the cleric. So much fun playing that hero. I'll be checking out the others once I get the time again. Keep it up!
slycker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:53 AM   #15
linuel
User

linuel has little to show at this moment (0)

oooohhh i cant wait for the nxt version!!!
linuel is offline   Reply With Quote