wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Artist's Corner > Art Gallery > 3D graphics > Unique models
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Old 07-31-2008, 12:47 PM   #1
kebabmeat
Cowmooflage

Submissions (31)

kebabmeat will become famous soon enough (63)kebabmeat will become famous soon enough (63)kebabmeat will become famous soon enough (63)

Default Mini ships

From a new project I'm working on, which is inspired by the old game
"Shipwreckers".
Look at this pic and you will get it

http://users.telenet.be/adventuregam.../overboard.jpg

EDIT: They only contain ingame textures.
Attached Images
File Type: png ship_1.PNG (91.7 KB, 333 views)
File Type: png ship_2.PNG (121.8 KB, 227 views)

Last edited by kebabmeat : 07-31-2008 at 10:08 PM.
kebabmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 07-31-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
Nuclear Arbitor
Reputation Leech

Submissions (1)

Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)

the ship is actually pretty nice. the models are the same though, just retextured which i don't really like but if your trying to save space you could use the same model and have RoC/TFT versions. the screenie looks like battleships though.
Nuclear Arbitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2008, 10:12 PM   #3
kebabmeat
Cowmooflage

Submissions (31)

kebabmeat will become famous soon enough (63)kebabmeat will become famous soon enough (63)kebabmeat will become famous soon enough (63)

Yeah, the "human" ship is supposed to look like the battleship, atleast similiar,
so you should recognize it to be a human ship.
About that they look the same - I thought that the undead ship should look
like a human ship, thrashed and cursed by the undead, but sure, I can add some
details so you can see even more that it belongs to the undead.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:20 AM   #4
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (57)Gorman will become famous soon enough (57)

Send a message via MSN to Gorman

Very nice man, i loved them!

The undead ship needs more texture work for the bow of the ship.
Its not as high res.
Old 08-01-2008, 09:02 PM   #5
Nuclear Arbitor
Reputation Leech

Submissions (1)

Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)Nuclear Arbitor has a spectacular aura about (83)

by battle ship i was more referring to the game battleships, but it does look like the wc3 one. maybe adding dead people hanging off the side and rust to cannons would help the undead one. you could probably do the ppl with a plane.
Old 08-02-2008, 12:12 PM   #6
kebabmeat
Cowmooflage

Submissions (31)

@ Gorman - Yeah, I can work on that :P
@ Nuclear Arbitor - Yeah, good tips! But I also thought of making a skull or something
on the front of the undead ship, or maybe some similiar details.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #7
Nuclear Arbitor
Reputation Leech

Submissions (1)

it would work, any thing to distinguish the two in terms of model. also, I'm not sure if this is what Gorman was referring to but the hull is kinda plain, holes or something would be nice although I'm not sure how much you need. kinda depends how much time your going to be looking at it and how big it is in game.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:53 PM   #8
kebabmeat
Cowmooflage

Submissions (31)

Okay, that sounds nice.
But the size of the boat is like in this screenshot from the Shipwreckers game:
http://users.telenet.be/adventuregam.../overboard.jpg

So I don't think that you will see those holes in the hull.
But the other details you mentioned sounds good.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #9
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

The boats really don't have the right shape for how you made them. Real boats designed that way would run into drag problems with such a blunt and not-aerodynamic shape. There's a reason the front of fast sailboats is pointed.

Otherwise, I think the models themselves seem a little boxy and the sails a bit interesting. Check out some sample pictures of actual sailboat pictures, that might help a lot. Your concept has the same design issues yours does, I can't believe anyone would actually build a ship like that.
Old 08-03-2008, 04:32 PM   #10
TKF
User

TKF is on a distinguished road (10)

I agree that the bow should be more pointy. It look weird otherwise. If you fix the bow, it will look better.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:47 AM   #11
Nuclear Arbitor
Reputation Leech

Submissions (1)

have you guys seen gallons? there figgin fat. i cant find a picture right now but some of the flag ships especially were enormous. 3 gun decks. the were still point in front but they got wide fast.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:57 AM   #12
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

Gorman will become famous soon enough (57)Gorman will become famous soon enough (57)

yeah, i agree with everyting said, however i can find no pictures to back up my point.

But as said, these boats are obviously battle ships, so the guns need to be smaller and more!
Old 08-04-2008, 10:07 AM   #13
kebabmeat
Cowmooflage

Submissions (31)

What do you exatly mean by "bow" you mean that the whole hull should be
longer and pointy, or just the thing in the front?
Old 08-04-2008, 10:29 AM   #14
erwtenpeller
*****istrator

Art Director

Submissions (35)

erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)erwtenpeller has a brilliant future (922)

Skinning Contest 7 ~ Were-AnimalsConcept art session 3 - Dungeon

They look really cute.
Old 08-04-2008, 12:14 PM   #15
Gorman
.▲▼▲&#9

Submissions (2)

bow = the front of the boat, so yeah, he wants the front of the boat more pointy =)