wc3campaigns
WC3C Homepage - www.wc3c.netUser Control Panel (Requires Log-In)Engage in discussions with other users and join contests in the WC3C forums!Read one of our many tutorials, ranging in difficulty from beginner to advanced!Show off your artistic talents in the WC3C Gallery!Download quality models, textures, spells (vJASS/JASS), systems, and scripts!Download maps that have passed through our rigorous approval process!

Go Back   Wc3C.net > Warcraft III Modding > Hosted Projects > Personal User Projects > Pantokrator Maps
User Name
Password
Register Rules Get Hosted! Chat Pastebin FAQ and Rules Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 03:57 PM   #1
Panto
LASER DRAGONS IS RELEASED

Development Moderator
User Project: Panto

Submissions (2)

Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)

Approved Map: Call to Arms

Greetings.

I'm closing in on the more developed final stages of this hero defense map. It's themed closely after the horde and alliance races of Warcraft 3. In it, you defend a horde sacred mountain from invading alliance. You may choose from among 5 mounted horde "Champions" with vastly different survival mechanics, which I'll give the details for later. You defend from 5 different races of alliance who start at different points of the spiral mountain and spawn 4 different unit-types and 1 hero-type each.

A brief summary:
Alliance races:
Druid: Composed of druid-style night elves and led by the Keeper hero.
Sentinel: Composed of the fabulous warrior women of the night elves and led by the owl-mounted Moon Priestess.
Human: Composed of stalwart soldiers and adventurers and led by the Crusader hero.
High Elf: Composed of savant magic-users and enchanted warriors and led by the radiant Dragonhawk.
Dwarf: Composed of stout-hearted battalions and siege machines and let by the Mountaineer.

Champions of the horde:
Champion of the Wild: A wolf-mounted fierce melee warrior who derives his power from his ability to deal devestating damage to single opponents.
Champion of War: A warhorse-mounted battle commander who gains power from engaging in combat with and receiving damage from his enemies.
Champion of the Sky: A wyvern-mounted pinpoint tactician who derives power from slaying individual opponents from afar.
Champion of Magic: A spirit wolf-mounted sage who constantly receives power from his magic and must use it to inflict woe upon groups of enemies.
Champion of Earth: A kodo-mounted ranged warrior who gains power from being amidst many enemies and uses the reverberations of the earth to imbue friends and foes with different benefits and penalties.

As yet, the map is running pretty much like a standard defense wherein the heroes slay the invaders until the heroes make it to the spawning points of their enemies, which they eliminate. Some special combat situations have been planned, which I won't reveal here for sake of keeping the surprise. The map should be entertaining with lots of slaughter, and players will enjoy the cohesive feel and plotline.

And now, to tease, the only screenshot I have so far, a wireframe of the early stages of my terrain building of the mountain (which is now done, btw).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg promowireframe.jpg (252.9 KB, 186 views)

Last edited by Panto : 01-12-2006 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Re-attached image
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!
Old 06-12-2005, 09:26 AM   #2
Freakazoid
I love you all.

Submissions (14)

Freakazoid is a jewel in the rough (159)Freakazoid is a jewel in the rough (159)

Lol. need some help terraining (kiddn)

He,he can't wait ^_^
Old 06-12-2005, 02:07 PM   #3
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

will there be AI included (for the heroes)?
Old 06-13-2005, 03:12 PM   #4
Panto

Development Moderator

Submissions (2)

Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)Panto is a jewel in the rough (247)

I very much doubt it. The gameplay is scaled according to the number of players in the game, and if the players choose to have computer allies, they'll be given control of their heroes.

On the other hand, the invading heroes do have basic intelligence in order to use their specialized abilities correctly.
"The perfect is the enemy of the good." Voltaire
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." C.S. Lewis
Old 06-13-2005, 09:21 PM   #5
Taur
#8 in posting (nolifeftw)

Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)Taur is a jewel in the rough (215)

is the basic intellegence enough to play single player?
Old 06-14-2005, 06:10 PM   #6
Panto

Development Moderator

Submissions (2)

Well, the invaders will be the same in single player and multi. The map should be playable single-player either by wielding all of the player slots or using just one.
"When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." C.S. Lewis
(3 deleted/ignored post(s)) [show]

Old 11-11-2007, 05:14 PM
thenewguy
This message has been deleted by Panto. Reason: inane
Old 11-11-2007, 08:48 PM
Pyrogasm
This message has been deleted by Panto. Reason: obsolete
Old 01-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Here-b-Trollz
This message has been deleted by Here-b-Trollz. Reason: I CAN"T READ A TIMESTAMP
Old 05-16-2008, 03:24 AM   #7
Panto

Development Moderator

Submissions (2)

I love this map concept and I want to return to it some day, but I may need to be independently wealthy and thus be able to quit my day job before I'll have the leisure time necessary to pursue it. In the meantime I'm working exclusively on two projects, my soon-to-be introduced Perpetual War map in the inundated Aeon of Strife genre and a hitherto-unannounced cinematic map of extraordinary flair and innovation.

I'm going to lock this thread to keep the moderators from itching their pants at the thread-necromancers who inevitably come by and stir things up, at least until I'm brilliantly wealthy or retired.
Closed Thread