View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #9
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Phoenix
Seems quite small... I was doing something like this but Anitarf told me it was a bad idea because his system would be better with more features. Ani's system seems more complete I admit, but I wish you good luck on this.
Just like there are 3 different approved Damage Detection Systems in the database, there is nothing wrong with different approaches to buff systems. Ani likely suggested to you to not make yours because he didn't want to have to review your code. :p
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toadcop
yes i don't see any sense what buffs are separate structures... cause you have only periodical action and on end action =) there should be also on begin action... (callback)
I thought about begin, but I mean, you have to call "UnitAddBuff" so you already know when the buff begins. I didn't think the added argument would really be all that useful. Maybe I should add it for completeness?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viikuna-
It works fine and all, but I got one double free of type: dbuff when spamming those spells to those abos.
What exactly were you doing in the testmap? I saved it in debug mode in case someone found something like that, but I need to know more about what you were doing.