View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 02:19 PM   #3
Flame_Phoenix
retired coder | real ilfe

Submissions (10)

Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)Flame_Phoenix has a spectacular aura about (90)

Send a message via MSN to Flame_Phoenix

Quote:
You should have to say that WC3 can be installed directly on linux and a windows partition is not really necessary.
True, but in most cases this is what happens, people have 2 partitions. Also I don't cover the "how to do it without 2 partitions" thing.
Anyway, I think you are right, I will add one line or two talking about that, but I will not cover it in detail mainly because I don't know how I can do it (I made this tutorial because I created a small partition for Linux and wanted to share some experience xD ).
Quote:
I suggest to check the paid option called cedega, which allows to even play the WC3 videos and run everything of the game as you were on linux.
Well, I could do that ... but I am not a fan of payed software ... specially inside Linux, where the main philosophy (as I see it) is freeware (I joined Linux community because of this advantage. Ultimately I will also try to contribute to the community, but I am still learning).
I think a few links and a few extra lines won't hurt. Again your idea seems good, I will do it.

Next version will:
- Have a few lines saying that you don't need partition
- Have a few lines talking about Cedega
- Have a credits section

Also, if someone could change the title to "Installing Wac3 on Linux" I would appreciate.
3-Making a spell in vJass - Practice Session 1
Check out all my current spells at here
Finally, check my project:
Castle vs Castle Flame Edition
Flame_Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote