View Single Post
Old 07-10-2006, 08:34 PM   #15
Kam
User

Kam will become famous soon enough (33)Kam will become famous soon enough (33)

Thank you for the opinions, I'll try to respond as best I can below.

Quote:
(I want to say that I've never played WarII)

This will provide you with a view at all the statistical data of WCII.
http://www.battle.net/war2/

Quote:
I suggest to implement an AI (probably because I love making AI), I think that it's useful because is a good way to show to a noob in your map the strategies that he or she can use.

I couldn't agree more, but I simply can't do AI... My only attempt at it broke the Orc AI... perhaps you would help?

Quote:
Tauren Chieftain?? I think the model could be changed by an ogre, it fits better.

Tauren were actually one of the biggest issues I had with the maps. They are really the replacements for Ogres, so I removed the regular Tuaren. The hero and magical version I kept because I though they were unique, but I think I will change the hero to an Ogre.

Quote:
The advanced peons is an idea that I liked a lot

I would have liked to have the "advanced build" button on the same worker like in WCII, but this works out well.

Quote:
One idea is to add extended information about the hero abilities so, before select a hero, the player will have the oportunity to know how are those abilities and make the right selection.

Well I'm not sure how I would do this, the hero selection is supposed to be a concise a description so the player doesn't waste time. I'll try and think of a way though.

Quote:
the non naval version should be a map less messy. the terrain was pretty good intead.

Yes the terrian of the non naval was not done by me, so there was much more time spent on it I think.