Now I played you game completely. I had a large list of issues because I though your maps were a recreation of Warcraft I, but it was of Warcraft II, so I understand why you use those tiers. (I want to say that I've never played WarII)
In general the game was interesting, let me mention some ideas:
- I suggest to implement an AI (probably because I love making AI), I think that it's useful because is a good way to show to a noob in your map the strategies that he or she can use.
- Tauren Chieftain?? I think the model could be changed by an ogre, it fits better.
- The advanced peons is an idea that I liked a lot
- The custom abilities looks in general fine
- One idea is to add extended information about the hero abilities so, before select a hero, the player will have the oportunity to know how are those abilities and make the right selection.
- the non naval version should be a map less messy. the terrain was pretty good intead.
Well I liked your map, sorry for my english. Please, keep working. GJ