View Single Post
Old 02-13-2006, 11:25 AM   #22
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

the map is rather simple, the heroes have just the most basic modifications of warcraft abilities, and all you have to do in the map is fight countless creeps.

However, this basic concept is executed well, and remains interesting for longer than expected, although I'm not sure if it does so for the full length of the map, as it's rather large. The dynamic dialogues are a neat feature, I like that. In combat, the map requires the players to use all their hero skills as well as items to prevail over the enemies, which makes the map nicely challenging.

This can also represent a problem, though, as the heroes exhaust their items and mana rather quickly on more difficult encounters, and places to recharge them may not be close at hand; some more item shops dispersed across the map would be a welcome addition. As it is now, average players don't feel like going back to the last shop and just press on without mana to their deaths.

I urge you to adress this issue even though the map already gets my approval as it is.