View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 11:31 AM   #1
deolrin
Tas'dingo!

Submissions (13)

deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)deolrin is a jewel in the rough (167)

Send a message via MSN to deolrin
Default Elite Siege Engine - The Übertank

Table:
Team Green Quality presents...
Elite Siege Engine
The Fenrir-class siege engine has been developed by the Ironforge Engineer Corps during the aftermath of the Third War.
With the Troggs and Frostmane trolls all around Ironforge, it was dangerous for King Magni Bronzebeard to leave his city
without heavy guard, and a siege engine capable of incinerating ground targets was the perfect solution. The Fenrir-class
Siege Engine is a heavy support vehicle, often used as a commander on the front lines. Armed with a devastating 150mm
Pounder-class cannon capable of firing mortar shells to incredible distances as well as main combat anti-armor shells, a
deadly Dragonfire-class Flamethrower capable of burning ground targets 30 meters in front of the tank and armor-piercing
Gryphon-class anti-air auto-targeted barrage missiles, it truly is a beast in the battlefield.

Also known as the Übertank. The model was made for the first Paired Modeling\Texturing Contest at the Hive, by me and l0w_kwaliti. We entered under the team name 'Green Quality'.

HUGE thanks, of course, to l0w_kwaliti for helping me out a lot with the model during its creation, teaching me a lot I didn't know about modeling, and of course, for the awesome textures he made for the model!

I'd also like to thank TurieL and his Rifleman Elite model for inspiring me to come up with the idea in the first place, before I joined with l0w_kwaliti for the Paired Modeling\Texturing contest. I think his model is one of the best Warcraft 3 models around here.

The model contains a completely optional external portrait model, featuring the Tank's pilot, which contains a talking animation. You are in no way required to use this external portrait and its accompanying texture, 'EliteSiegeEnginePortrait.blp', as the model features an internal portrait featuring a slightly zoomed-out view on the tank itself. For those who wish to preserve a low file-size in their maps, it is recommended NOT to import "EliteSiegeEngine_Portrait.mdx" and "EliteSiegeEnginePortrait.blp". For those who still have plenty of file-size left to use, however, it is recommended to use the external portrait file as its quality is higher and it is more fitting for a hero unit.

If you use this model, you must credit l0w_kwaliti and myself, Deolrin. Do not modify the model or the texture without mine AND l0w_kwaliti's direct permissions. If neither of us are available on WC3C or the Hive Workshop when you wish to edit this model, I suppose it's fine.

P.S, why doesn't WC3C support uploading RAR archives?
Attached Images
File Type: png EliteSiegeEngine.jpg.png (155.5 KB, 684 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip EliteSiegeEngine.zip (306.8 KB, 817 views)

~Gladiator, Sacred
deolrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!