View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 04:44 AM   #4
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

"WE" triggers are inexpensive. The most it takes is a CNP.

With JESP you have one trigger per instance of the template. So it is really the same, except with a real template you can modify the code of all the spells simultaneously without messing up with the config parts.

With something like this, all instances of the spell would be able to use certain things that are really redundant when you do the JESP-style CNP. Those boolexpr filters and group globals and other small things...

The whole point is to use the same code for 5+ spells, with JESP that would take 5 triggers, with this it would take 6 triggers, unless you use option B in which it would actually take just 2 triggers if you want....

Yep, modules version would blow in practice.

Kind of wish there was some sort of ultra-module thing that worked in library level in the way modules do in structs... Kind of far-fetched though.

Anyway, on that "trigger" topic, I'll make it personal in the following weeks to end that practice for once and make everybody move to files, it is the right thing to do. I think that if things go like I plan them, it will be far easier and more powerful to ditch WE and do so.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote