View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 01:06 PM   #9
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaero
For amateur developers like me, you might want to include valid sample "y" values in your comments. The first value I tried was 150...needless to say, I couldn't see the message.
Oh, the y value is the same as for regular game messages, i.e. you typically want it to be 0. In general, it's value should be between zero and one I believe.

Quote:
It doesn't actually seem to be centering for me, and I'm assuming it's because I'm on a widescreen. The values are a little off to the left. I doubt you can do anything about it...just thought I'd let you know. The effect is still good.
Hmm, tricky. They were a bit to the left for me too when I was testing it in windowed mode, however in fullscreen (on 3:4 or 4:5 monitors) it was nicely centered in all resolutions, so I just assumed it was a window-mode issue.

Anyway, because I find widescreen monitors to be a stupid invention, I'll keep the current x offset value, but if you want you can always modify it in the DisplayCenteredTextToPlayer function, you could even make it a variable and allow players to change it in a menu or something.