Thread: ARGB
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 09:45 PM   #14
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Quote:
if you talking "about me"
Not really, just trying to say that sometimes ease of use is much more desirable than raw speed. But "4 to 5 months" does sound like a lot of time.

--
I want this to be reviewed if you don't mind, I was already criticized by Cohadar for doing what you suggested and in my opinion he was right. If you don't like circuses please don't go around starting them for no reason. In this case, the excuse you used for yet again starting a circus was the theoric performance issues caused by integer divisions, it seems that not only speed is not the priority of this script, but according to your own words the speed cost is really not that bad.- You said you are sure this is 300% times slower, even though you still haven't made any benchmark (have you ever done a benchmark?) I'll take that as a fact, if this is barely 300% slower than direct stuff then it is quite good already.

The purpose of this script (please stop calling it "system") is to aid in a bunch of silly color related operations, it does so, the result code is fine and easy to use and the performance penalty is barely 3 times what the manual stuff would take. Even though struct systax is in use, it doesn't inherit problems from structs like the bloat .create() and .destroy() add or having to worry about cleaning leaks. Users can input colors as 0xAARRGGBB and this thing will handle decoding those things, it is also a proof of concept for doing such things using struct syntax.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote