Thread: LastOrder
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2009, 05:38 PM   #6
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Doors
I found two problems using the cancel spell in your test map. First was that if you cast Mirror Image and then do nothing until its cooldown wears off and then use the cancel spell, the hero recasts Mirror Image. Second was that shift orders are forgotten when the error spell is used.
Ah yes, shift orders. Queued orders are forgotten no matter what, it's an inevitability. Also, the Mirror Image recast just means I forgot a check in the LastOrderFilter function. I guess I should have it disallow INSTANT orders as well.

EDIT:
Actually, thanks for the report. It seems I was checking Order and not P_Order, the second to last order. Fixing that bug now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
I think SimErrorEx should be separated in another module, mostly because I think that the current method is not the best possible, but the alternative requires more code, pausing units is a little problematic, often I prefer to give the correct order after a 0.0 seconds timer rather than pause the unit.

edit: Making SimErrorEx a separate thing will also allow the main library to get rid of the SimError requirement.
Okay, I will make it a separate module, then. But your note about the pausing not being the best way troubles me. I thought pause/stop/unpause was the only known way to fully stop a unit from losing mana/etc. on casting a spell? If there's a better way that doesn't involve the use of pause, lay it on me and I'll use it. I've just always used it because I know it works.

Let me split the library up a bit, I'll update shortly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Here-b-Trollz
Fuck yes. You rule Dusk. I've been meaning to do something like this for a long time, and now I don't have to. Pro.
<3