View Single Post
Old 06-25-2008, 05:13 PM   #37
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by erwtenpeller
The first thing that got to be was the smallness of the entrances to the bases. The towers are so powerfull and spawnies are so plentifull at times that it gets really hard to get out of the chaos, allmost always resulting in rape. At some point i just descided to stay away from bases entirely and just rape spawnies that came out of it, letting my army do the sieging, and that cant really be an end-game situation you'd want.
You can break the walls down with attacks, and if you feel that you'd rather not siege because the entryways are too small, I can't tell you to do otherwise. Notably, though, in every game of it I've ever played (That's a lot of games), it has never been a hindrance and has never made me avoid battle because of it. I'm not sure exactly why you think that way, particularly because I don't at all, but that's okay.
Quote:
This aside i found most of the directly availible items to be completely useless. All they really did for me was take up potion slots, wich are pretty much the better choice in any situation. I ended up just spamming my money into spawns all the time, wich is kind of an odd situation becouse i'd assume they should be an alternative and you aim for them to be used tactically.
Uh, no? The starting items are not useless, as potions have no value when you're in combat, whereas the other 200g items do. Regardless, all players have different preferences in the way they start their item builds, so you can have your potions and I'll use my other items. That's just the way things are.
Quote:
The biggest thing that couses this is that all her abilities have an extremely short cooldown, wich makes all of her abilities weak as shit.
Very untrue; DoE thrives on low-cooldown abilities. I play a hero to use the abilities, not wait to use the abilities. This low cooldown does not make them 'weak' or 'useless'. This is all a matter of opinion, though, some people will like it and others won't -- I'm not going to tell them or you that they can't. Actually, in retrospect, her second skill is quite powerful for its cooldown and users actually have been recommending I increase the cooldown to compensate. I don't think I will, however.
Quote:
Another thing i'd like to remark is that the darkranger i played on the bane side was extremely weak compared to the walking atom bomb i played on the order side. The biggest thing that couses this is that all her abilities have an extremely short cooldown, wich makes all of her abilities weak as shit. You end up bashing hotkeys to eventually deal some damage, but its so spread out its hard to have an impact. The DK paladin guy i head in my lane just laughed with his regenerative abilities, there was literally nothing i could do against him. The mute arrow is a cool find, but its too weak! along with her activatable and that abilitie, her mana drains completely within seconds, making her completely useless.
This was her first version into the fray anyways, so if she's on the weak side I would understand. Still though, when I played her a few times I crushed all opposition. It's natural for some heroes to be better against certain others, but I wouldn't say it's game breaking, as a matter of fact I think it adds character to team match-ups.

Thanks for trying it. <3