View Single Post
Old 03-31-2008, 12:53 AM   #10
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrogasm
Out of curiosity, what happens when you initiate a knockback on a unit that is already being knocked back? Does the system bug out at all (I think KnockbackStop would)?
Nope, it doesn't. It functions the same way as vector addition of two velocity vectors. One is pointed in the direction of the first KB call, the next in the direction of the second one. Each has individual magnitudes, cleans up accordingly, and works perfectly. Even the Stop works, since it clears all instances where the unit exists as a target. (That means it stops multiple vector knockbacks if they exist)

Quote:
Ah, but how often will someone call the function with a static angle argument? Wouldn't it more likely be used as the angle between two points (say maybe a caster and the target?)
It's tough to say that for all users, though. I know a few people myself who use wrappers to put things into degrees so they can then be used in conjunction with SetUnitFacing (Which takes degrees as an argument).

Quote:
Also, you might want to mention in the readme that there is no internal pausing of the unit in the system and that users ought to make sure to do it themselves.
No need, SetUnitPosition functionally blocks all external commands. It works like a pause without removing the unit's command card, which is a big plus.

Updated, by the way.