Thread: (6) Warlords
View Single Post
Old 05-13-2007, 05:30 PM   #12
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Thanks for the feedback (and the approval).

*gives cookies*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz.
As I noticed early on, it's not the most new player friendly game. This might have been because I went against you and Anitarf both times, perhaps if it was equal newness on both sides, the game would have been more equal.

Aye, this is a bit of a problem. Mainly it comes down to noticing new ways to apply the tools (units and abilities) - I aim to make it easy to play, hard to master.

Quote:
Teleport seemed too imbalanced, it allowed way too many problems on the Warlord side of the map when abused. I know this is the aim of the game, but to this extent it seemed unfair.

I must say that was the most dominating usage of it I've seen. I'll probably reduce the effective cooldown, or maybe reduce the range. Hmm...I'll think on it.

Quote:
Lag. I don't know if it was just the host, which it most likely is, but both games had a lot of lag. I won't hold this against your approval, but it's something to look into, maybe memory leaks or something.

Runs fine on my really old computer that bugs out on many maps. I blame the upload capacity of my broadband. Normally it's fine, but sometimes it's a bit variable I think.

Quote:
Even though I approve, please go back and look into any issues I have addressed, because the map can only be made even better.

Thank you, always nice to have more angles.
Quote:
[13:32] <Akolyt0r> hmm.. stil i want to have some unused women
Captain Griffen is offline   Reply With Quote