View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 09:38 AM   #5
Rising_Dusk
Obscurity, the Art

Projects Director
Project Leader: OD

Submissions (27)

Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)Rising_Dusk has a reputation beyond repute (1192)

Hero Contest #3 - 1st PlaceApproved Map: Desert of ExileApproved Map: Advent of the ZenithHero Contest #2 - 1st PlaceHero Contest - Third place>

Send a message via AIM to Rising_Dusk Send a message via MSN to Rising_Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulla
- Detecting the blizzard attack event, then creating a trigger to detect/wait for the damage to happen, with a 3 seconds timeout.
What? Where do you get this 3 second timeout stuff from? That isn't how it works at all. And no, it doesn't have any attack event stuff in it at all, it actually uses damage events. You obviously have not looked at the map or the code at all; it doesn't work in any way, shape, or form similar to what you're suggesting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulla
I tested the map a bit, how comes you didn't add any spells?
I started casting blizzard/flamestrike, I thought you'd have set them up
Quote:
Originally Posted by First Post
This system is only applicable if all of the damage from spells in your map is triggered. The only way this system is useful is if the only damage units deal themselves is from attacks.
Blizzard and Flame strike the standard spells will not work unless the damage is triggered.