View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 10:50 AM   #16
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomhammer
I reckon that AI support has already become standard for high quality maps.
On what do you base that? "Standard" implies it would have to be pretty much everywhere, which is not, unless you twist the definition of a "quality map" to mean only maps that have AI.

Quote:
Hell, what would Quake3 be without computer opponents? - A mere portrait of surrealistic archicteture!
Perhaps you missed that button in the main menu that says "multiplayer"?

Quote:
Yet from the technical side, I can't see any difficulties hindering the implementation of some sort of computer opponent. Is it "practically impossible" to adapt a bunch of hero arena triggers? I don't think so.
Please, just drop it. You clearly have no concept of how difficult it can be to design a competent AI, especialy in a game as complex as this. Due to the influence terrain has on lines of fire, making a decent aiming script alone would be a pain. Don't even get me started on things like tactical evaluation of the situation and teamwork. I see plenty technical difficulties hindering the implementation of a decent computer opponent - and I wouldn't be sattisfied with anything less.

Please, just drop the subject of AI, and focus on what the game is about, competitive tactical flag capturing.