View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
moyack
Evil Emoticon

Respected User
Project Leader: PoC

Submissions (17)

moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)moyack is a splendid one to behold (666)

AI Tournament #2 - 2nd PlaceHero Contest - Second place

Send a message via MSN to moyack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander244
I really enjoy spells which reward microing your hero, and this provided that in plenty.

Quick Feedback/Suggestions:
Sometimes if you are in very close melee with the target (you need to walk right up to them, closer than melee attack range) the spear misses them.
Hmm.... I'll check it out this night.

Quote:
On effect you could add an item orb ability that changes missile art to nothing, so you don't sometimes get a double spear throw. Then remove it on attacks where no effect occurs.
Actually a very good idea, I hadn't thought that solution :) I'll apply it this night too.

Quote:
You might even be able to use damage detection using this method and changing the missile art to the longinus spear, then only create the projectile on damage, which would look and work a lot better than the current method.
Well, I did it in this way in order to give the idea that the caster takes the spear and throws it to the enemy, so the attack event is the most accurate of all. Anyways, I'll check the orb effect and test how it looks, and, according to that I'd change the spell in concordance.

Quote:
Because the ability costs mana, wouldn't it make sense for it to be toggleable on & off?
You could make it an arrow ability, or, if you want to leave it as a passive, do something similar to immolation.
This spell requires mainly a buff to work, so any spell that left a buff in the caster can be perfectly used. For example, create a custom ability based on Berserk or immolation, set the chance to 100%, mana cost = 0 and set the buff in the spell, and voila!! an active spell.

Quote:
onDestroy should be private
hmmm.... yes, why not.
moyack is offline   Reply With Quote