Thread: PUI 6.0
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 08:34 PM   #6
BBQ
User

Submissions (2)

BBQ will become famous soon enough (30)BBQ will become famous soon enough (30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cohadar
1. not indexing every unit > not inline-friendly
Every indexer should be able to filter out units, so not all of them will end up being indexed. This is especially important for dummy units.

Quote:
There exists a standard unit-enters-map event no?
And unit-leaves-map is not really a unit event but an index event.
The standard event fires for any unit. The events provided by an indexer fire only for units that have been indexed. There is quite a difference.

Quote:
version 5.3 had support for structs but than I realized I never used it so I removed it.
There is a plethora of situations in which you'd use it.

Quote:
How is this worse than adding a defend ability to every unit, and processing all unit-enters-map events and catching all undefend orders?
Not only that abusing the "undefend" order is faster, but it also allows for more functionality and extensibility. Look at AutoEvents.

Quote:
5. Zinc? What is that? Oh wait, another thing Vexorian made that is used by 0.000001% of mapmakers.
I'll refrain from commenting.

Quote:
It is simple,it does the job and has been used in maps. (Still used in EleTD as far as I know)
The last official version of Element TD used AutoIndex. I think that the author abandoned the project in favor of StarCraft II, and some random unofficial version that was posted months ago used a custom-made indexer, that contained only the stuff that was actually needed for a TD.

Quote:
I don't care if anyone uses it, I want it approved on general principle.
I don't think that's how resources get approved.

If I'm not mistaken, Anitarf (or it could have been somebody else) has stated that there is no "space" for different indexers in a single community -- and I can't help but agree with him.
BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote