Thread: TimerUtilsEx
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 09:51 AM   #5
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
I figured out about the thing with onInit when I wasn't looking at the site. Quite honestly, I think the best thing I could do is update jassHelper to remove struct and module onInit altogether, because it is really ridiculous how every library wants to initialize before modules.. But then modules wouldn't work very great, I guess.
That's quite an understatement. Such a change would also break a ton of libraries that are widely used, yet their maintainers are no longer active to make the necessary changes (if those changes are even possible, as you say this would make modules less functional). We'd have a huge surge of new people rewriting old libraries again, as if that isn't enough of a problem already.

I agree about the widespread use of module initializers being ridiculous, though. Most libraries don't need to do it.

Are the edits Vex made to TimerUtils adequate for me to graveyard this, Bribe?