View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 04:51 AM   #6
Vexorian
Free Software Terrorist

Technical Director

Submissions (37)

Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)Vexorian has a reputation beyond repute (1062)

Hero Contest #3 - 2nd Place

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaMine
I think all these timer systems are confusing the hell out of people
Then don't make them.

Quote:
s this system better than TT? Meh, since i'm having issues with TT i'll give this a shot.

Why must everything be better? I am just trying to get something more consistent than CSSafety here.

Quote:
EDIT: What do you mean by lower values = fast but unsafe, should "safety" be of my concern?
If you use 8000, it may not work with timers that have high ids, but it will be very fast, you'll need to ensure that no timer would get a handle id higher than 8191+0x100000, I would suggest you to keep the default values if you have doubts.

Quote:
I wonder how one would go about coding for a system that makes so you only use one global group. I guess you would have to use a system like PUI(that uses custom unit data) and attach numbers to the members of each group but i'm unsure. That's the only relatively good way to distinguish members of different groups in one unit group i think.
I really, really think that dynamic group usage is not necessary. That's what I meant by one unit group, in fact, you may have 3 or 6 unit groups, the other day I made a whole unit attachment system using 10 groups, what we want to avoid is the need for DestroyGroup, besides of it being possible, I think it makes code simpler, make sure to post counter example cases.
Turns your simple code into something that is complicated enough to work.
Faster != more useful
Vexorian is offline   Reply With Quote