View Single Post
Old 01-21-2006, 07:00 PM   #5
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorian
GC is a horribly generic name and needs to be more specific to the system but the problem is that you call it everytime
Well, the advantage is I can type it quickly, and when using game cache natives instead of handle vars, that's a big factor. :)

Quote:
Why? Because the GC function has a comparission and a return and many other things that charge the performance - As bad as using BJ functions.
It's still one function call less than using handle variables. But I agree, your suggestion means a considerable optimization, I'll implement it in the next version.

Quote:
Any logical explanation for doing this:

*Insert embarrasingly noob-like code here*
No logical explanation, just the result of copy-pasting, and the irrational fear that 1 might not convert exactly to "1". Will fix.

Quote:
Edit: you also have an ==true in the B2I function which is btw useless
Indeed it is. But it was worse before, I was using the return bug before iNfraNe told me this is faster. :)