(12) The Desert of Exile
Current Version: v1.17b
The Desert of Exile is a custom AoS map for WC3: The Frozen Throne created by Rising_Dusk
with the help of a bunch of happy artist friends and set in the Barrens tileset. It's a relatively new map as far as AoS maps go, and didn't aim to reinvent the idea of the AoS so much as just make what we already know funner. Massive credits go out to Tides of Blood
for being awesome and an inspiration to all good AoS makers of our day and age. The story is a prelude to the events in Advent of the Zenith
, my first AoS map.
- 6v6 gameplay!
- 49 items in total!
- Thirty fun heroes to play across two teams!
- A more graceful way to hire units, making huge pushes or spreading them out over time possible.
- A condition system inspired by RPG games of old that allows for incredible hero and spell interaction.
- The map is based around PvP, but done in a way that the game starts at level 1, and ends at level 18.
- Assistance given for hero kills!
- Fun, hero-driven gameplay that keeps you interested!
- Replayable as hell!
The map features many exclusive skins created by members of this very community. Special thanks to KrewL_RaiN
, and unwirklich
for all the hard work they have put into the map. Really, DoE would be nowhere today without the support of all of the artists. The list of who did what is all in the map credits (Quest Log).
This is likely to be the last major update to DoE for awhile, but I wanted to get it all fixed up and done before submitting it to the database. If you have any bug reports, balance complaints, angry fanmail, etc. please respond to this thread and let me know. I cannot continue to make the map funner to play if no one tells me what they want fixed!
The change log for all versions of DoE can be found here
DoE 1.17b Download Mirror