Thread: Stupid Penguin
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 11:08 PM   #14
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame_Phoenix
If I don't destroy a group, won't it leak ?
That's only the case with dynamically created groups, which as you notice we're not using anymore.

Quote:
Besides, Captain_Grifen said that using natives in map init is evil because it can cause the map to crash ... =S
Globals init, not map init, and not all natives.

Quote:
Explain this idea better please.
What's to explain? It's the same thing you're already doing with the scaling value, only it would be done with vertex colouring instead; red, green, blue, transparency. Also, I notice now that you can only customize how much the penguin grows every cycle, but not what his starting size is, you might want to add that in.

Quote:
Hey guys, the code was improved. I still don't use TimerUtils, I need to read more about that thing and I really don't feel like importing another system into my map,
It replaces two other systems (CSSafety and CSData), so you'll have less in your map.