Thread: Overgrowth
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #10
Anitarf
Procrastination Incarnate

Development Director

Submissions (19)

Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)Anitarf has a brilliant future (903)

2008 Spell olympics - Fire - SilverApproved Map: Old School Alliance TacticsHero Contest #2 - 3rd PlaceSpell making session 2 winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlyPsycho
3.) I use units so that I can just apply timed life to them, and effects would be a hassle since I'd have to create an array of them and check if their lifetime is up and destroy them, etc,.
Or you could use a timed effects library. Creating units is a lot less efficient than creating effects.

Quote:
4.) ..Hm? I don't seem to follow, I haven't taken up the higher levels of math and this is only formula I know to get the distance between two coordinates. Can you rewrite it for me instead? Thanks.
This is no high level math, I'm just talking about squaring both sides of the equation to get rid of the SquareRoot call.

Quote:
5.) The size of the "projectiles" are scalable. You just need to modify it in Object Editor, it's the roots dummy unit.
I was talking about the triggered "size", the 50 distance units at which the projectile hits the target.