View Single Post
Old 11-28-2006, 10:48 PM   #10
Doomhammer
User

Submissions (2)

Doomhammer has little to show at this moment (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaDDeN
It's a competitive multiplayer map; we never had any intention of having computer controlled units in the game :)

...which makes it a lot harder to find out about its quality, since...
...I haven't seen this map hosted in bnet lately
...I'm not meeting with my buddies on LANs every single day
...it's really dull for testing this map, when there's nothing but the terrain, shops and a flag

I reckon that AI support has already become standard for high quality maps.
There are AI tutorials for this kind of map around (which is not given for any type of map) - just take and modify a hardcoded hero arena script, it's not that hard. But without it, it certainly misses a major gameplay element, whether on intention or not.

My story as an addict:

before NewGen: I could barely bear the poor WE functionality for longer than 2 hours at maximum

after NewGen: Wow, I mean this got me completely immersed into editing, so now I'm spending on average over 8 hours a day with world editor, sometimes even doing late night sessions until the sun comes up again. Yeah, right, I couldn't keep up with work on my proper job, can't pay the bills anymore, and who on earth cares about my girlfriend? - I don't, and I don't care. I mean, the creative work done in the WE community in terms of artwork, of new systems and scripting concepts published here is so exciting that I couldn't bother less.
Doomhammer is offline   Reply With Quote