View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 07:10 PM   #16
Tim.
Missing You All at Wc3c

Site Owner

Submissions (18)

Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)Tim. is a name known to all (503)

Approved Map: PiratesSpell making session 3 winner

Alright I finally got a chance to test this baby out.

It was perfectly accurate; however I am afraid too accurate. Your tool creates a keyframe for EVERY frame. In normal War3 animations 30 frames could go without a single keyframe. This is also the case in IK. I highly suggest that you try to make a way to drop some accuracy and pick good intervals for placing the keyframes - else this tool is only usable for offline games.

Why? Well I tried this out on a model of mine.
Size without animation and converted to MDX: 30k
Size with normal War3 animation: 35k
Size with IK animation (same animation as the War3 one, just using IK instead) and then converted to MDX: 700k

Get the idea? It is useless if the size increases so much for a single hand opening and closing animation. However I must say if you do get this more optimized as I suggest - it will revolutionize the world of War3 animation forever. IK is much more realistic and easy to use.

Avast! Seen Pirates? Get it here!
Tim. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!