View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 01:10 PM   #30
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNfraNe
I wouldnt use the op-limit threshold, but instead just transfer big functions to triggerexecute calls. That way you dont need overhead code to keep track of stuff.

For example, you could put every iteration in a trigger, and use a loop in the "main" code. (If it can handle 3600 triggerevaluates, which I think should be okay). If not, you could use a split in the main loop until it functions.
But if I put the TriggerEvaluate in some main loop, will that outer loop "wait" for the TriggerEvaluate iteration to be done before moving on to the next one? Order is important for many of these operations, they do have to occur in sequence -- if two iterations executed out of order it would affect the cellular automata algorithm at least (though I think my enemy/critter population stuff wouldn't mind).

Or will storing the iteration index in a global variable just take care of that?