View Single Post
Old 02-25-2015, 11:15 AM   #28
Rao Dao Zao
www.raodaozao.net

MDL & Resource Moderator

Submissions (27)

Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)Rao Dao Zao has a brilliant future (822)

Approved Map: When the Freedom Slips Away

Send a message via MSN to Rao Dao Zao

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNfraNe
ah the good old plain jass. Any specific reason as to why you would do that (to yourself)?
Mostly irrational fear of 3rd party editors, the usual. I'm well aware that it's daft but at this point I'm most comfortable sticking to my hybrid GUI/plain jass mode than learning something new.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNfraNe
So you would be able to do the same using a trigger and call TriggerEvaluate(trigger).

The way to pass variables is by globals. If needed (unlikely, since we want to avoid waits here) we can transform them into locals inside the trigger again.
Hmm, so it's not so much an asynchronous function call, but just running the same trigger many times in sequence? Every time I hit my speed-limit threshold, I'd exit the current loop, save the position in globals, then run the same trigger again?

Might take some wrangling to work that into my current setup (it's a straight string of function calls) but if the performance improvement is tangible then it'll be worth it.