View Single Post
Old 03-12-2006, 08:13 PM   #2
Captain Griffen
Dread Lord of the Cookies

Content Director

Submissions (2)

Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)Captain Griffen is a glorious beacon of light (497)

Approved Map: Warlords[Quicksilver #2] - 1st Place

Quote:
He said he doesn't even like to think of it as a mod, but rather thinks of it as a game.

Aside from the fact that he didn't write any of the graphics coding, didn't make any of the game engine, and it is JUST a mod? Anyone comparing it to a game obviously has no clue what goes into making a game. (Point of interest - I do, having made a game completely from scratch; a very simple game, but it took quite a while, and had about the same amount of coding as one of my WC3 maps; that was for a 2d and very simple game)

We really don't need a new thread about this every time the old one drops off. When they have a beta to show us (which should have been months ago considering the man hours they'd have put in by now with such a large team), then make a new thread. Until then, there really isn't much point going over the same old stuff over and over, with nothing except some art and a load of pumped up claims about it being better than a commercial game.

"Put up, or shut up", in the words of a certain drunkard party leader.

EDIT: Ought to point out the vast majority of this rant is not aimed at the thread starter, but at TU16 (though this does look like a put up job to me).