Thread: SpellEvent
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 09:15 AM   #37
Themerion
Brahms-fan

Submissions (2)

Themerion has a spectacular aura about (114)Themerion has a spectacular aura about (114)Themerion has a spectacular aura about (114)Themerion has a spectacular aura about (114)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anitarf
The benefit of having all spell event responses available on all spell events is significant, the speed gained by removing it is not.

I'm not quite sure if you mean variables or callback-functions. If you mean that I benefit from having the target unit on spell finish [for spell x], when [spell x] only use spell cast, then you are simply wrong. If you thought that I wanted you to remove a callback-function (such as spell finish), then you are wrong as well :)

Quote:
I could write another paragraph on why the feature shouldn't be optional, but since the speed gain is not significant in the first place, I don't see a reason to spend more time explaining this.

Well. The speed gain is not significant, and it might never matter, BUT IT FEELS BAD WITH ALL THIS STUFF RUNNING WHEN I DON'T NEED IT TO!

Quote:
If your particular map doesn't require this feature then you can always delete the event responses code from the library yourself, nobody is forcing you to only use the code as provided.

Some of the spells in map might need to have event response variables at spell finish, for them I want struct population. But certainly most of my spells won't (which is why I want to be able to bypass the struct in those cases).

Quote:
Besides, the bj_wantDestroyGroup-esque syntax is ugly.

Yeah, but I wanted to make a suggestion that allows you to keep your current syntax (I hate when people tell me: Do that, and that! But not how it's actually supposed to happen).

Quote:
The second optimization you suggested is meaningless, an if statement isn't faster than an exitwhen statement in any meaningful way.

I even wrote that it should be inlined/optimized away/whatever you will call it. I just assumed that if VexMapOptimizer finds if false then, it will remove that statement.
Creep Respawn System
It has never been easier to respawn creep groups...
Themerion is offline   Reply With Quote