G'morning, guys, I'm working on a "simple" map project: doing a race with everything that moves in the game.
It will consist in two kind of races:
Full Races: Work as the in-game races
Buildings: a simple hall, barracks, a building for spellcasters, a farm (or something similar) and a tower.
Units: a basic melee unit, a ranged unit, a strong melee unit, 2 spellcasters, a siege weapon and a hero (but if you want more heroes you can use Taverns, right?
For now there are 9 races and 4 game modes:
Blood Elves -> Humans
Trolls' League -> Orcs
Nagas -> Undead
Corrupted Ancients -> Night Elves
Woodsgang (Gnolls & Furbolgs) -> Night Elves
Alliance Remains -> Humans
Draenei -> Orcs
Nerubians -> Undead
Watchers -> Night Elves
1. Standard Melee (Races) (by Michael Peppers)
2. Deathmatch (Mini-Races) (players start with a great amount of resources, for a fast battle) (by Evil_Arthas 87)
3. Invaders vs Natives (Mini-Races) (one or more squads of players against a squad formed of a native mini-race (Nerubians in Northrend, for example)) (by Michael Peppers)
4. Gold Rush (Races or Mini-Races) (after 45 minutes of play, the player or the squad with more mines wins) (by Michael Peppers)
It's meant as a single-player pack, so I made some AI for all races, but I guess it will work also in multiplayer.
No need to say that any help would be appreciated and rewarded with rep points.
Comments and suggestions will be appreciated too.
- Added Gold and Lumber exchange in item shops
- Added a fourth mini-race: Watchers
- Created a new map for the project (Draenei Keep)
- Fixed Victory/Defeat Triggers for Gold Rush
- Fixed AI Expansion Sites bugs (and NOW I'm happy! :) )
- Implemented Custom Player Colors for Multiboards (for now there's only 1 of them, in Gold Rush)
- Enhanced (only a bit) Deathmatch AI
- No more Glow Color errors!
- 3 new spells for the Elvish Rogue
- United squads feature now works
- New units for Blood Elves, Naga and Trolls!
- All custom content but the AI has been moved to a self-executing MPQ!
- Some triggers have been redone in JASS/vJass to increase maps fluency
Not in the download: (for now)
- More changes to come :P
- New units for the full races (for a total of 12 for each race)
- All triggers vJassed
- The "F"
Factor v2.5 (SR version) (but it will take a lot of time, believe me...)
- A unique flying unit for each mini-race
- Since I don't know how to make spells (for now)
Now I can code decent spells but I'm lazy, so there are almost no new spells, and most of the new spells are modified in-game spells
- There may be some AI problems
- Final tech-tree results won't work for: Woodsgang, Draenei, Nerubians, Alliance Remains, Watchers.
Currently working on:
- Bug Fixing (no matter what you do, new bugs will always peep out)
- Models and Spells Implementing
- Reworking the main races
The project is now in closed beta testing, I won't release an open beta until:
- I'll have 51 new hero spells (16 of them must be the final 6th level spells)
I'll be satisfied by the overall quality (so not soon :P)
Beta testers (for now) are:
English closed beta now released! (Wanna join the testers? Let me know in this thread)
IMPORTANT!!! ALL BETA TESTERS MUST READ THIS!
Other useful posts:
- 2 new game modes exclusively intended for the testers:
1. Bug Hunt: Find a bug, take it to me and I'll kill it.
2. In Search Of The Wrong Letter: Hot-key issues to find in the map.
(But remember the most important thing a beta tester should do: give suggestions to improve the project
Last thing: if you are italian or for some freaky reason you want to test the italian version, specify it in your post.
Italian version on hold
Race screens: (Nerubians only, for now)
I got bored of the old screens so I made some badass ingame screens:
Both taken from Gold Rush:
1. My Troll allies are defending their base from a Corrupted Ancients' assault.
2. Me (Blood Elves) kickin' some Ancients' asses, thanks also to "Bouncing Ball".
7 from Invaders vs Natives:
1. My Watcher
allies have to learn something about siege...
2. Me (Nerubians)
stuck in a corner of Draenei
's base. HELP!
3. My Watcher
allies have finally cleared their entrance from the towers...
4. While I
distract the enemies
5. ...My Allies
clear the area! (But my units are dead...
, who'll win? (mine...
7. My Allies
try and succeed in saving my ass from some Azjol' Nerub traitors
(I'm the only real
Nerubian in this game, ok?)