View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 03:04 PM   #1
Castlemaster
User

Castlemaster will become famous soon enough (29)

Default Orcs pre-Draenor

I'm wanting to write a short story that outlines the corruption of the Orcs before the sundering of Outland by the portals. I want to make it true to WC lore as possible, as there are some things I have in mind that I want to make sure are feasible.

1. Before their corruption, it is feasible to assume the Orcs knew nothing of the Burning Legion, in the same way Arthas was mostly ignorant of the Scourge until his conversion to undeath?

2. What exactly were the Orcs like before their corruption? Did traits, like honor, come from the 'old' way of the peaceful shamanistic orcs? In a crucial plot outline, the Orcs are appalled by what I have christened 'senseless death' that does not directly support other life (for instance, killing animals for food and skin is 'purposeful death' because it is part of life. Dying of old age and disease fits this too becaue it balances all life. But war and murder are 'senseless death'). Hence, war is both foreign and frightening to them before their corruption.
Castlemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links - Login to hide this ad!